Thursday 24 November 2011

Walk: Sat. Nov. 26 @ Tim's

Lights! Camera! Action!
My camera decided to put a "Vaseline lens" on this shot, probably so that we old timers wouldn't be shown up by the freshness of our newest and youngest member, Lauren. Welcome!

If Saturday goes as predicted, it should be a lovely day for a walk. Come out and flaunt it for 8-10K.

The Interest List is now updated with all the declarations from the party. Check it out and see what you've "signed up" for... and let Dawn know when you're confirmed. (Dawn, I kind of voluntold you again for the race monitor role. Speak up if you want to let someone else have all the fun.)

You might have seen that Eileen is pulling together a Shore Things recipe book. If you have "one of those recipes" that we're always asking about, please contact her with the goods.

Final calendar reminder: I have Alexis and Sheila on my list. Anyone else, please email me. I'll be reordering these and the yearbooks over the weekend.

A heads up that for the rest of 2011 I'll only be sending out one reminder a week, starting this weekend. As we go into 2012, I might start doing what the Toronto Power Walkers do, which is posting the week's distances in a special box on the blog. We can all learn from each other.

7 comments:

P Dawn said...

thanks for updating the interst list, Helen. We have got a lot of people interested in a lot of racs for next yeat. That's great.

I'm okay (I think) with keeping the interest list current as people let me know that they are registered. Will probably send out a few reminders throughout the year.

And I am quite sure that one blog posting each week will be sufficient for us for ever .... and ever.....

I won't be out this Saturday as I'm going to check out the wares at Olwyn's Church Bazar.

Helen said...

Drat! I knew I'd forgotten something! Here are the details for Olwyn's (and Cheryl's and Cynthia's and Eva's) Craft Sale:

Holly Berry Christmas Bazaare (sp); St. Dunstan of Canterbury Anglican Church, 56 Lawson Road, West Hill; 9am-2pm, Saturday November 26th!

Cheryl, Cynthia and Eva have a craft table of Christmas treats and ornaments; aprons and table runners; and I have a table of my photo cards ~ many of them taken on our Saturday morning walks! Also a lunch room; bake table; lots of home-made things; and a whole lotta fun!

Helen said...

Oops, I should have edited that cut and paste -- the photo cards are Olwyn's, of course.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Saturday for what looks to be a lovely walk
Leverne

Olwyn said...

Thanks for the 'plug'for the Christmas bazaare, Helen. Ergo, I won't be out Saturday morning, as I'll be at the bazaare! Happy walking!

Anonymous said...

I"ll be out walking on Sat. Looking forward to it.

Susan

Helen said...

See you on Saturday.