Monday 21 November 2011

Walks: Mon. Nov. 21 & Wed. Nov. 23

Libby's brilliant creation for the Shore Things Party! Delicious, too.
Thanks to everyone for a great time on Saturday night – wonderful organization, food and people. If we gave out medals for pot luck, Libby's would deserve special recognition. Good thing I got a picture before it all disappeared.

Another special merit award to Rainer and Margy for the very pro-look on the expo table – as well as another great performance in the Whitby Waterfront 5K the next day.

We had many declarations of interest in 2012 races, which I'll transcribe and add to the Interest List over the next few days. Now remember to actually register (I say this to myself as much as to anyone else)! Please let Dawn know if you have signed up for these or any other races.

So far, I just have an order from Sheila for the calendar reprint. Please email me asap if you want a calendar. It's hard for me to keep track of verbal orders for a group of our size.

Same goes for yearbooks. I'll be ordering 8 books at the end of the week (for Arlene, Barbara B, Dawn H, Debbie, Jan, Leverne, Libby and myself). If your name should be on this list, let me know.

Hope to see people Monday and Wednesday at 7 for a companionable 6-8K. I believe Dawn is leading an afternoon walk at 4 on Monday, and perhaps another hike on Wednesday (?). Sign in to say where you'll be.

14 comments:

Trish said...

Thanks to everyone for a very delicious and fun year end potluck. Once again everyone outdid themselves. I am still full. Thanks to LouAnn for booking and hosting at the church. Nice to have room to circulate. Looking forward to some great walks in 2012.
I will be out Saturday! Taking week off. Just because.

P Dawn said...

Thanks to everyone for a wonderful evening on Saturday. We all came up trumps as usual!!

Early evening walk today (Monday) is from Debbie's place at 2.30 if anyone is interested in joining us. Wednesday we are doing a morning walk (10.00) also from Debbie's place.

debbie said...

Hi all,

As Dawn said, you're welcome to join us (retirees and those who have flexible work hours) today (Monday) at 2:30 pm and Wednesday morning at 10 am, at my place. My address in the Beach is 35 Hambly Ave., half a block north of Queen Street, entrance via the wooden staircase to the right of the main house.

Cheers,

Debbie

Olwyn said...

I'd like to thank everyone also for a wonderful end-of-year party; it was great fun; the medals were terrific (thanks to Jan for singing the first line of each song!); and like Trish, I'm still full. Hope to be out tonight at Loblaw's for a frosty evening walk.

Eileen said...

I'd like to add my heartfelt thanks to the list of thank you's! The company, food, race displays and 'singing' awards made it a fabulous evening.
Helen, John saw the calendar and said it's getting better and better every year! Great work!

I'll be out Wed, weather permitting.

Anonymous said...

It was a lovely party, thanks to all contributors.

I plan to be out tonight, see you at 7.


- hopelessly devoted granny

Maureen said...

Thanks to everyone for Saturday night. What a great bunch the Shore Things are.

I plan on being out tonight, see you at 7.

Helen said...

Bob & I want to walk tonight, but I don't think he'll make it home in time. So we'll just walk from here. Sorry to miss the Monday gang. Hope to see you on Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Good food, great friends, lovely venue...I had a wonderful time on Saturday evening. All the time that I was away, the thought of getting together for the year end event was ever present. Maybe next year we can add dancing at the end of the evening. And Jan can sing all of the songs!

Weather permitting, a walk on Wednesday evening is doable.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

I plan to be out tonight, see you at 7.
Sheila

Olwyn said...

I won't be out tonight (Wed) or Saturday; but hope to be back at it next week. Stay warm!

Helen said...

Clearly, I have to get better at coordinating transportation. My wheels are unavailable this Wednesday, so it looks like I'm not walking with the group. Hope it was a good one.

Helen said...

Okay, Jan just made it home... so we'll be walking from here, as we won't make it to Shoppers in time. Perhaps we'll see you en route.

Anonymous said...

Rainer and I had a wonderful time on Saturday.. the venue was perfect. LouAnn and Paul, thank you for arranging that.There was so much room to move around and chat..great.
The company was terrific, and the food was fabulous.
We are both lucky to have such a great group of walker and friends.
We will be out a little earlier on Sat(pre Las Vegas), but will see you at Tim's.
Margy