Friday 9 December 2011

Walks: Saturday to Wednesday, Dec. 10-14

Newly re-weds, Rainer & Margy
As I'm still working out the logistics of a one post per week schedule, it might be best to post our reminder before Saturday, rather than afterwards -- what say you? It would give us news just prior to our largest gathering. That's why I'm posting today. Sorry if there's any confusion.

For example: Rainer has only good things to say about Vegas. In short: "A fantastic place, a fantastic race but the only description is ‘Over the Top'." As some of you might know, they were in the "Run Through Wedding" corral, along with about 30 other couples renewing their vows, and 8 couples actually getting married. As the image above shows, however, they were not dressed as Elvis.

Saturday: 8-10K
Monday and Wednesday: 6-8K

Next weekend (Dec. 17 & 18) is the long walk for Disney. It would be great if you can help en route (eg. bathroom access, or a water/food meet-up). Or, is anyone interested in doing part of the distance? Let me know.

Again, our condolences go out to Cynthia and family on the loss of her mother. The service is on Sunday at 2 pm. Contact me if you need details.

15 comments:

Ruth said...

Congratulations to Rainer and Margy - and what a lovely picture.

Eileen said...

I don't think I'll be out Saturday. Congrats to Rainer and Margy. Sounds like it was an exciting event.

Libby said...

Congrats to Margy and Rainer- The new Honeymooners!
The Disney crew start at 7:30 Saturday for 19k. Planned route from Tim's will include Cherry Street loop and the board walk including Ashbridges Bay loop and up to Neville Park. We welcome anyone interested in part or all. Promises to be sunny but a cold wind.

P Dawn said...

congrats to the run through not so newly weds!!

I won't be out for the next week because of various things. WOn't be at the service on Sunday either, unfortunately.

Hope to see everyone on Saturday 17th.

Stacey said...

Congratulations to the newlyweds, Margy and Rainer! I won't be out on Saturday - I'm feeling a bit under the weather.

Helen said...

I hope to be out on Monday evening. Looks like it might be a nice night.

Olwyn said...

Hoping to be out Wed night; but can't make it on Monday this week. Congrats to Margy and Rainer; the re-newly-weds! Sounds like fun; Margy, do you have a nice new rock on your finger?!

Helen said...

Unsure if anyone was there on Monday. Bob & I turned up a few minute late. As nobody was around, we just walked home. In case no one has noticed, he walks fast.

Hope to see everyone on Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

It was Sharon, Maureen and Leverne on Monday night-it was a great night to walk - sorry we missed you Helen and Bob. Maybe we'll see you Wednesday.
Leverne

Eileen said...

I won't be able to make it for the Wed night walk. 'Tis the season of too much to do!!

Helen said...

Given the rain, I'm going to take a pass on tonight/Wednesday. If you venture out, stay dry.

Maureen said...

Sharon and I are not walking tonight. Too much to get done. See you all Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all my fellow walkers. I will walking with you in spirit only for the next 2 weeks.
May or may not be at the Resolution race on Dec 31. If I do not make it...Happy New Year!

Lynne

Olwyn said...

Last minute change of plan; I won't be out walking tonight (Wed); too much to do! Hope to be out Saturday morning...

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Everyone!
Alexis