Thursday 15 December 2011

Walks: Saturday to Wednesday, Dec. 17-21

A cheery smile for a rainy day
This is the big weekend for our Disney gals, their rehearsal for back-to-back half and full marathons on race weekend, so let's send out vibes for good weather.

For the rest of us, last few Saturdays have been 8K, which sounds right to me. Monday and Wednesday, we'll keep it to 6K. Signing in to say you'll be there is especially important during these busy weeks.

Christmas Eve walk: A number have expressed an interest in having a short walk together on December 24th. Keep this in mind as you make your plans.

Resolution 5K kit pick-ups: Anyone need this? Please speak up. Bob is investigating whether we can have our blue jackets embroidered with the Shore Things logo (we can) and what it will cost (TBD).

Carpooling to the Resolution 5K: If you'd like to do this, we suggest a rendezvous at our house. We are close to the Coxwell Subway station, for transit riders. Free parking is also available in the school lot across the street. Let us know if you need a ride, or can offer one.

Volunteering: Many have stepped up, but Eileen needs to fill a few key roles – one is my back-up on the blog when I'm away. It's easy, really. You'll get written instructions as well as an online demo. We'd also love to have three people to: map out fresh routes; plot race schedules against the calendar; coordinate our social get-togethers. Each of these is just an occasional commitment. I'll distribute Eileen's list, so please contact her if you can help.

Looking ahead to 2012: Looks like we have a growing will to do the Chocolate Race 16K on April 29th, followed by the WIN Half Marathon in Whitby on May 27th. Registration for the former opens on Jan. 1st; and for the latter, TBD. And remember the Shore Things 10K on April Fool's Day!

10 comments:

P Dawn said...

I won't be out Saturday, Monday or Wednesday. But plan to do a walk with the gang on Christmas Eve.

I;m going to continue to do the race registration thing next year, and have told Eileen already. Will also continue to do the blog (if no one else wants to do it) and will let Eileen know.

Stacey said...

I'll be out Saturday. I'm happy to help Dawn as backup blogger. I can also do some new routes. I'll let Eileen know as well. I'm not sure about walking on Christmas Eve - depends on how much shopping I have left to do!

Trish said...

Resolution walkers and carpooling - please email me - Trish - directly if you
1 - need a ride
2 - can offer a ride
3 - will meet us there
As you read in the blog those carpooling will be meeting at Bob and Helen's.
Many thanks.
Not yet sure if I will be out Saturday.

Olwyn said...

I plan to be out on Saturday morning for 8 at 8. See you all then!

debbie said...

I'll be out this Saturday and also would like to join the gang on Christmas eve.


I'm e-mailing Trish directly that I can offer lifts to the race, and am e-mailing Eileen directly re volunteering.

See you Saturday!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I will not be out this week, but hope to join you Christmas Eve if it's in the morning.

Enjoy your week,
Sheila

Libby said...

The Disney trio are walking 21 in mid TO on Saturday and 38ish on Sunday planned through the park system starting at Tim's- with a return route planned via the VP trail section and pit stop at Stacey's house (many thanks Stacey) then back to the park system to return to Tim's. Our Christmas Eve day walk is 21k. The LAST big one!Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas... see you at the Resolution

Helen said...

I won't be out Monday, as I need to catch up on all things Christmassy. Hope to be out Wednesday, unless it's raining. Otherwise, see you on Christmas Eve morning.

And, because I'm not quite organized with this one-week posting, here's a birthday wish to Eva. Hope you have a lovely day!

Maureen said...

Sharon and I won't be walking tonight.

I won't be out Saturday morning, so HAPPY HOLIDAYS to everyone.

Helen said...

Unless the rain starts up again, Jan and I plan to walk tonight/Wednesday. We'll keep our fingers crossed.