Friday 4 November 2011

Walk: Sat. Nov. 5 @ Tim's

Goofy gals Ruth, Arlene and Libby
Sunshine on our shoulders makes us happy... even if the weather's a little cool. Come out and enjoy it this Saturday for our first weekend walk of November: 8-10K, starting at 8 am.

Or, if you're a beggar for punishment, join the Goofy trainees for 14K, starting at 7:30 am. Both walks have the same starting point, our friend Timmy's.

Belated birthday wishes go out to David. I hope today's sunshine is a better gift than yesterday's drear. Funny how walkers (this one, anyway) are always talking about the weather!

I'll be sending out an official invitation for the Shore Things party later today. If you're not on our mailing list, you won't receive it – so please let me know quickly if you want to be added. A confirmation will be required from you to make it work.

Heads up that if you're considering any races before March 31st in places where Porter flies, they're having a 50% off sale that ends today. Let us know if you commit.

Dawn also asks that I pass along this info about a Seniors Hiking Club in Toronto with a series of Wednesday hikes through the fall/winter. Contact Dawn if you're thinking of joining her.

9 comments:

Helen said...

Bob & I are getting Goofy, and will be joining the 14K walk at 7:30. Hope to see you for coffee afterwards.

P Dawn said...

Much as I'd like to be goofy,,,,,, I won't be out until 8.00 tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing people again after several weeks.

Olwyn said...

I plan to be out for 8am for an 8k; 8 for 8! Good luck to the Goofy folks!

Eileen said...

I can't make it this Saturday. Hope everyone has a good walk tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I'll be out at 8 for 8 and would like to put in a word for the spit. It looks to be a good day and that's always a lovely walk.
Leverne

P Dawn said...

I forgot to say, you don't have to be a senior to do the hiking - they don't check birth certificates. You have to be available and interested. And it is nothing at all like the Bruce Trail...............

Anonymous said...

Who is the person you call Dawn? and, where is my friend Dawn? The one who complains about hiking?

out at 8 for 8 or 10.

Susan

Lou-Ann said...

Unfortunately I won't be out for several weeks on Saturdays as I am starting my baking season. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Pot Luck. Susan, I agree where is the Dawn we know?

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen

Will be out of town on 19th so will have to miss party
Heading to NYC for a week on the 17th
Got one of those cheap Porter specials

Still nursing a foot injury...
And keeping busy with bikram hot yoga

Cheers
Kathleen
hope to be out again soon