Sunday 30 October 2011

Walks: Hallowe'en and Wed. Nov. 2

The man from Mars? No, not race nutrition
As Monday is Hallowe'en, you might be shelling out to witches rather than walking. If not, be sure to sign in here to let any ghosts and goblins know you'll be walking the night.

Wednesday is our usual time and place for 6-8K. Gasp. It's November already, already!

We have 20 calendar orders so far, and 25 usually qualifies for the 10% discount. Once I hit 25, I'm going to place the order – provided I have all the birthday pictures in place – and I hope the calendars will be in by our party. If you miss the first round, we have 30 days to place repeat orders.

Next, I'm going to ask if anyone wants a yearbook. I always make one for myself, so you'd be piggybacking on my order. However, if you are among the few who do want a book, then I'll make sure to include as many pictures of you as possible. Please let me know asap. I likely won't order the books till the party – so you'll be able to see the "proofs." And, of course, I'll bring memories of previous years.

Speaking of party, we'll need volunteers for a little setting up, and for cleanup afterwards. It often seems to be the same folks with their hands in the soapsuds. So please let me know if you can help.

21 comments:

Ruth said...

I'm happy to volunteer for the 19th. I'll volunteer to clean up, but I'm flexible. Well, OK, I'm not flexible, not after walking 32K yesterday. But I'm accomodating!!

Barbara said...

I would love a book, as usual. I love the memories. I am very happy to do set up or clean up- use me as you wish!!

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be walking Monday night as I am going out with the 4:00 crew. Happy Halloweennnnnnnnnnnn!

Trish said...

I am happy to volunteer. I like to be early so set up is good, however as Ruth said, I am accomodating.
Won't be out this week, but hoping life gets back to some semblance of normal next week.

Anonymous said...

If it is not raining and anyone else is out tonight I am up for a halloween walk. I am happy to set up or clean up for the potluck party.

Lynne

Jan said...

I'm going to shell out tonight - I like to see the kids' costumes.

I would definitely like a book, and count me in for clean up for the party - I won't volunteer for setup as I'm always late as it is!

P Dawn said...

I'll be doing an early walk tonight - 4.00 prom my house if anyone else wants to join us.

I'm happy to help with the setting up for the party, but can also do clean up as well. Will wait to hear which shift I'm on....

Not sure about my plans for Wednesday yet. Currently I;nm still not sure which day or time Zone I
m in.

Anonymous said...

I won't be walking tonight, or Wednesday. I'm on child care duty for 10 days, but will try to join you Saturday.

I can volunteer for pot luck duty also, prefer setting up, but either is fine.

Welcome back Charlotte and Dawn, can't wait to hear the stories.

Boo!! ...and Happy Halloween,
Sheila

Helen said...

I'll be providing an essential service at our front door tonight. Drop by for a sweet if you're in the neighbourhood. See you on Wednesday.

Maureen said...

If there are walkers tonight I'll be out. Keep you posted.
Helen, I would like a calendar, sorry for the late notice.
Also, set up or clean up for the potluck, whatever you need help doing.

Olwyn said...

Happy Halloween, my walking ghouls and bats! I won't be out tonight; as I'll be shelling out from home. I'm happy to help with the party setup on the 19th. Happy Trick or Treating! Welcome back Dawn and Charlotte; boo!

Anonymous said...

I'm up for a walk tonight, we should have lots of company on the street. I would like a calendar and a book. I can do set up for the party.
Leverne

Maureen said...

I'm assuming Sharon will be walking tonight, so we'll see you at Loblaws.

Anonymous said...

I'll be walking too, tonight. see you there.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I will be arriving with Maureen on the day of potluck and so, sign me up for duty, too. See everyone in about two weeks. I'll think of you all as I am (training) walking through the waves on the beach (resistance training).

I WILL truly miss the walks.

Sharon

ChristineA said...

I will be walking tonite (Wednesday)..it looks like it is going to be a beautiful day! See you later.

Maureen said...

I agree it looks like a good night for a walk. I'll be at Shopper's at 7:00.

Anonymous said...

Cynthia here; please sign me up for a calendar and clean up or what ever. Crafting tonight in prep for the big sale.
Welcome back Dawn and Charlotte!!!!

ChristineA said...

Doesn't look like I can make it tonite after all...you ladies enjoy! Not many days like this left!

Eileen said...

I'm planning to walk tonight (wed). See you at Shoppers

Helen said...

Looking forward to being there Wednesday.