Sunday 9 October 2011

Walks: Thanksgiving Monday & Wed. Oct. 12

Portrait of Saturday's Spit walkers, including photographer (bottom left)
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I'm thankful for all of you... among my many blessings. Enjoy your turkey time, and my best to you and your families.

Monday morning, there's an option for a morning walk: just 6-8K, starting at 9 am from Loblaws at Vic Park and Gerrard, followed by Tim's nearby. Let us know you'll be there, or if you prefer company for a Monday evening walk, by signing in.

Wednesday, we'll revert to maintenance mode with another 6-8K from Shoppers. You know what you have to do.

Rainer and Margy draw our attention to a 10K event on Saturday, the Cavan Hills Country Run. They had a great time at the event last year (Rainer speaks highly of the home-made butter tarts). If you're thinking of signing up, let us know.

And, if you can't get enough of that competitive spirit, or just need more metal to clink at our party on Nov. 19th, there's the Toronto Women's 5K/8K on October 29th.

See you next week.

7 comments:

Trish said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
I won't be out Monday morning. Have to get the turkey in the oven to be ready for 2. Will see you at Shoppers on Wed.

Olwyn said...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone; I'll be out on Monday morning to walk off the turkey I gorged on tonight; gobble gobble....Olwyn
Trish - good luck with your turkey!

debbie said...

I'll be at Loblaw's at 9...going to be another gorgeous summer day!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I'll be there, too. Bringing my friend, Yuen. See you at 9.

Sharon

P Dawn said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I won't be joiining you at any of the walks for a few weeks, but hope to be back in action at end of October (or early November).

My next walking session, all being equal, will be on the Great Wall - one of the things I have wanted to do for a very long time.

In the meantime, take care, and I frequently give thanks to you all, but particularly at Thanksgiving time, I rememeber to say it. What a special gift theShore Things group is for me.

Olwyn said...

Thank you Dawn; and wishing you and Charlotte a safe and happy journey; have a wonderful time, take lots of pictures, and come home safe and sound! Olwyn

Helen said...

If these raindrops keep falling on my head, I don't think I'll be out Wednesday. We'll see if there's any sudden break in the clouds between now and 6:30.