Thursday 13 October 2011

Walk: Sat. Oct. 15 @ Tim's

No need to fight, gals, our party always has plenty of good food
Except for a few brave and notable exceptions, our race season is winding down. This weekend will see Margy & Rainer out on the 10K trail in Cavan, and Eva driving to the finish with the Scotiabank Half. And the Goofy Gals training for Disney in January have a relatively easy 13K on Saturday.

For the rest of us, it's a do-what-you-please. I'd suggest that we try at least 8K – but you might choose more or less. Some might want to join the 13K walk. If so, let us and the official trainees know by signing in here. We're on fall/winter schedule, which means an 8 am start.

For all of us, let's hope the weatherman is wrong.

As we roll into the 2012 season and new dates become available, I've started to update the race links on the blog. Some interesting changes: A few races (such as the Twenty Valley wine half) have disappeared. Sporting Life is no longer sponsoring the spring 10K, which now happens in April. The Chocolate Half has moved from September to April. Today is the end of earlybird rates for the Rome Marathon – for which you now need a medical certificate. I wonder if that will be a trend. The Big Sur 21-Miler is already about 50% sold out.

This is why it pays to look ahead, which I hope you will over the next few weeks. Our November 19th party is the kick off for our new year. All are welcome, even our newest newbies. Please save the date.

Wishing all our globe-trotting Shore Things a bon voyage, there and back. We look forward to your stories.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know a few of us will be away this weekend - Jan, Lynne, Denise and Leverne. Enjoy your walk and I'll do a sun dance for all of us.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I so want to get my butt out this weekend and get back on track! If the weather is very bad I might wait til Monday though! All the best to the adventurous folks! :)

Trish said...

Chocolate in April? That could be enough to get me walking throughout the winter!
I won't be out Saturday. Spending the day at OISE.
Hope the suns shines on you all.

Olwyn said...

Did someone say chocolate in April??!? I won't be out Saturday or next week, but will be back after the opera divas leave town the following weekend. Happy walking to all, Olwyn

Libby said...

Arlene and I will be away at our ladies hiking weekend in Algonquin- after doing our mandatory 13k tomorrow am.
To the racers Eva, Rainer and Margy- best of luck.
Hope to see you next Saturday

Lou-Ann said...

Wow, it sounds like everyone has a busy weekend, however like Trish says "chocolate" works for me too! I will be walking on Saturday so I will meet whomever at Tim's for 8:00. I also need to get back at it. Good luck to this weekend's racers!

Anonymous said...

Good luck to Eva for Sunday and to everyone else.. whatever they are doing this weekend.
It is looking like a wet and windy day in the Cavan Hills tomorrow, but hopefully the thought of the butter tarts will keep us going up and down those beep...!! hills!
See you ? during the week and definitely next Saturday.
Margy and Rainer

Eileen said...

Unless it's pouring rain, I plan to be out Saturday for about 8km. Good luck to Rainer and Margy at the Cavan race. I'm thinking of doing it next year too! I've a weakness for butter tarts.
Eva, I plan to see you at the finish line on Sunday! Remember-- when the end is in sight, head up and smile for the camera!

Maureen said...

Weather permitting I'll be out Saturday morning for a much needed walk.

debbie said...

If the weather is not too daunting, I'll be out Saturday morning.

Good luck to everyone who is braving the elements during races this weekend!

Debbie

Ruth said...

I'll be there on Saturday - hoping the rain holds off. Eva - have a great race! Olwyn - good luck with the divas. And happy travels to everyone who is going away.

Ruth

Helen said...

Unless it's a deluge, Bob & I will be at Tim's on Saturday at 8. Best of luck to all the racers and hikers -- dodge those raindrops!