Monday 17 October 2011

Walks: Mon. Oct. 17 & Wed. Oct. 19

Remembering a beautiful foggy walk last November
Congratulations to our weekend's competitors, who did wonderfully despite the rain, wind and grey skies.

In the Scotia Half, Eva finished with a chip time of 3:20. As Trish said, "She did better without training than we did having trained." Well done. Think what you could do with a few hills under your belt, girl!

In the Cavan 10K, Margy stood on the podium as 2nd walker overall, and 2nd-place female; Rainer was 3rd overall -- and I assume first male. Both came home with nice medals and Margy was awarded a big bottle of maple syrup. Rainer still has great things to say about the butter tarts.

Folks, come out to our usual evening launch points for two companionable 6-8K walks. Sign in if you're coming so we'll know to wait.

13 comments:

Helen said...

Unfortunately, I have to be at my desk at 8pm for a conference call with Shanghai, so I won't be at Loblaws. Hope to see you Wednesday.

Olwyn said...

Shanghai or Loblaws; that's a tough choice Helen! I won't be out this week due to opera-itis, but plan to be back next week. Happy walking!

ChristineA said...

Norma and I will be there!

Eileen said...

I won't be out tonight but plan to come out Wed night.
Congrats to the racers this weekend. Way to go Margy and Rainer! Eva -- how do you do it without training??!!

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tonight....first time in a long time.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Apparently, I won't be out tonight.

And, I understand that Christine & Norma have cancelled.

just so you know....whoever "you" is.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Lynne and I will be out tonight as long as it does start raining hard.
Leverne

Eileen said...

I've changed plans for Wed and won't be out tonight.

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tonight - hope the weather holds for anyone walking.
Leverne

Helen said...

Wednesday's weather isn't looking too promising, but I'd love to get out tonight for a walk, just to blow out the cobwebs. Unless it's actually pouring, I hope to see you out at 7 pm.

Jan said...

I need a walk also - plan to be out unless it's pouring

Maureen said...

Sharon and I won't be out tonight. I'm away this weekend so not out Saturday. Have a great weekend everyone. Hope to make it out Monday.

Helen said...

Drat. Just a modicum too wet and windy for a pleasant, safe walk. See you Saturday!