Friday 7 October 2011

Walk: Sat. Oct. 8 @ Tim's

I can say with certainty that San Francisco is a great place to visit. And, hey, they happen to have this great race. Perhaps we can think about that for the future.

In fact, I'd like to put you all on notice that our Shore Things year-end party is coming up fast. It's Saturday, November 19th; mark your calendars. At that time, besides having some good food and social beverages, along with good company, we'll be talking up any races you'd like to do next year.

Saturday's walk, except for those still in training, we'll have a companionable 8K, starting at 8 am, from Tim's. Hope to see you then.

Sorry this wasn't posted sooner, but my plane arrived (1.5 hours late) this morning. I'm still running on California time, with very little sleep. Hoping I can kick start myself back into regular life with some lovely fall walking tomorrow. See you soon.

P.S. It's likely that we'll have a morning walk, rather than evening, on Thanksgiving Monday. Let me know if that appeals to you by signing in.

9 comments:

Lou-Ann said...

Welcome back Helen! I will not be walking on Saturday. Happy Thanksgiving Shore Things!

Libby said...

I am still in training- for the Disney- and my fellow Disney girls are both away so I will start early and hope to meet the group for coffee (after a FLAT 16K). Happy Thanksgiving to all!
You are right about San Francisco- their marathon/half is next weekend as one the girls along the Toad trail last week was doing that race and using the Toad hills as a practice!. Fabulous city but oh those hills are monsters!

Olwyn said...

Welcome back Helen; glad you had a good time. I'd be interested in a Thanksgiving Monday Morning walk; what time were you thinking? An amusing 6k perhaps? Olwyn

Maureen said...

Won't be out Saturday but hope to walk Monday, morning or evening. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

P Dawn said...

I'll be there at Tim's tomorrow morning. Not sure about Monday yet.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Anonymous said...

6:31 am and I'm getting ready for this morning's walk. Monday morning is very doable, too.

See you soon. For those I won't see this weekend, cherish your time off and let us all count our blessings. The small ones are the most meaningful.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Sharon

debbie said...

Welcome back, Helen!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I am in for a walk Monday morning, any time and any distance is fine with me.

Cheers,

Debbie

Anonymous said...

So, is it 9 o'clock am at Loblaws Monday morning, then?

Sharon

Helen said...

Sharon, you beat me to the punch. Yes, we've got a walk starting at 9 am on Monday from Loblaws. See you then.