Sunday 2 October 2011

Walks: Mon. Oct. 3 & Wed. Oct. 5

Approaching Skeleton Hill. Toadally steeper than it looks!
What a weekend! The Toadsters shone and came home with excellent Run for the Toad 10th Anniversary medals. Susan brought home a plaque for placing 2nd in her age category, and all the Wow Ultra challengers proudly wore twice the jewellery around their necks. We are all thankful for hill training!

Meanwhile, in Newcastle, Margy and Rainer were competing in the Newcastle Maniacs 5K. Margy placed second overall and Rainer, third; he also was first in his gender.

Congratulations, everyone. Check out the times for both races here.

Eva is training for the Scotia Half, I believe. And, of course, the Goofies have an autumn and early winter of long walks ahead of them. Let me know which schedule you're following, in case we want to join you.

Other than that, I think we've all entered maintenance mode. Come out Monday and Wednesday for 6-8K – as you like it. Sign in and tell us your preference.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

And there are a few awesome women that deserve special mention:
Debbie - for completing both races 11 months after her cancer surgery last race. Wow Debbie - what an inspiration you are.

LouAnn for completing her first half marathon & then the 25 km trail walk within 6 days. Amazing!

Maureen for completing her first race - 25 km & she did it well. Also amazing!

I just had to say that!
Susan

Anonymous said...

I meant to say cancer surgery last year....sorry about that error.

P Dawn said...

Although I never make records or special mentions (no, I'm not whining) I am proud to have been able to complete both races. Though at times on Saturday I was doubtful that I could/would. What a tough day.

Charlotte and I supported and encouraged each other and eventually finished the Toad. I won't be doing that one again, though..........

P Dawn said...

oh, I forgot to say I won'd be out on Monday or Wednesday and I don't think the early evening walks will be happening either as most of the usual walkers aren't available.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is how proud I am of you tough competitors... that is a heck of an accomplishment.
Congratulations,
Leverne

P Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eileen said...

Wow!! You all did so well on Saturday. A simple congratulations doesn't seem enough praise! Looking forward to hearing more about it.

I won't be out Mon or Wed. Trish and I are training for the Scotia Bank and starting earlier on those days.

Olwyn said...

Bravo to everyone for your amazing accomplishments over the past couple of weekends! Well done! I am planning to be out at Loblaws tonight, unless it starts to snow (!), in which case, I won't be out!
Good luck to Eileen and Trish training for your next half.

Anonymous said...

Hi Olwyn,
I'll join you tonight, see you at 7:00,
Sheila

Eileen said...

Unfortunately the Scotia Half is full and we can't join Eva in the race but we'll be cheering her on.

I'll be out for an easy walk on Wed night - Shoppers at 7pm

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tonight as it's the first night for Hot Docs.
Leverne

debbie said...

Thanks, Susan --

In a word, we are all AWESOME!

Moving ahead...

I will not be out this Saturday but will see you all soon!

Cheers,

Debbie

ChristineA said...

Congratulations all! You inspire me. Thanks for a great walk on Wednesday. Happy Thanksgiving!