Wednesday 7 September 2011

Walk: Sat. Sept. 10 @ Tim's

Good luck to Olwyn and her Flaming Dragons in this weekend's regatta!
We'll be doing the long walk of our KW Half training Saturday, 18K starting for the last time at 7 am. Temps will be mild, but the earlier we start, the earlier we finish. Remember to bring some nutrition; it's a long trek. See you then.

Just two weeks till the KW Classic races. Please check the race confirmation to be sure your name is listed; all the paperwork should be done. We have a significant team. By now, you should have received messages from Debbie (coordinating our pot luck dinner) and Dawn (coordinating car pooling). Let me know if you haven't. If you need new shoes (Helen), now's the time to break them in before the race.

This weekend is also the Great White North Dragon Boat Challenge down at Marilyn Bell Park. Olwyn's team the Flaming Dragons is competing in qualifying heats Saturday at 10:45 am, 11:30 am and 3 pm, so if you feel like cheering, check it out. Speed on, Olwyn!

Happy birthday to Alexis, the first of our many September babies, and to Julaine. Have wonderful days, gals. You deserve them.

7 comments:

P Dawn said...

I'll be at TIm's at 7.00 on Saturday. Delighted to know that it isn't going to be a as hot and muggy.

Good luck in the Dragon Boat race, Olwyn. Sorry I won't be able to get to see it.

Happy birthday, Alexis

Eileen said...

I'll be out Saturday at 7am.

Lou-Ann said...

I will be out Saturday for the "18K", oh my goodness!
Have a wonderful day dragon boat racing Olywn, sorry I can't come out to cheer you on.
Birthday wishes to Alexis and Julain (Sunday).

Ruth said...

Whose idea was it to train for a half marathon, anyway. See everyone at 7 on Saturday.

Have a wonderful time, Olwyn.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'll be out Saturday for 18 km. All the best Olwyn...sounds like lots of fun.

Susan

Trish said...

Clothes are laid out. Snack is packed. I really can't drink any more water. See you in the morning.
Good Luck Olwyn! Have fun.

Stacey said...

Turns out I can't do the walk tomorrow morning. I have to be in Parry Sound for a wedding at 4:00. I think by the time I walk, shower, drive, etc., I'll really be cutting it close. I'll have to figure out some way to get the 18k done...