Sunday 7 August 2011

Walks: Mon. Aug. 8 & Wed. Aug. 10

Shore Thing feet test the air in Whistler
For the Toad trainees, Monday is 6K – and most of us agree it will be with hills – and Wednesday is 8K.  There are a few start times and places. Sign in to let us know where you'll be.

For anyone with the freedom to walk in the morning, for Monday, Dawn has arranged a meet-up at Moore & Bayview at 7:30 am, followed by breakfast. Wednesday morning's walk will leave from Lou-Ann's at 7:30 am, followed by a swim. A reminder that all are invited, to join these morning walks, if you are available. Just email Dawn (or me, if you don't have her address; mine is in disguise at the bottom of the left column on the blog) so she'll know you are coming.

Alternatively, Denise, Alisa and Mary often start out at 7 am from the Woodbine/Danforth area on these hot days. Same contact suggestion applies.

For anyone who has to brave the evening heat due to other commitments, meet as usual at Loblaw's on Monday and Shoppers on Wednesday, at 7 pm.

The Midsummer Night's 15K is coming up. Quite a few of our group are doing the race, and I've heard that some, including Cynthia and Eva, are putting together a costumed cheering section. If you'd like to be a part of that, pipe up and let us know.

Again, a reminder that the following day, which is Sunday, Aug. 21, is the day that Lou-Ann has invited everyone in our club to her place for what is becoming an annual event: the Shore Things Pool Party. It will be pot luck. The time has yet to be finalized, but late afternoon can probably be assumed. Put it on your calendars.

Margy and Rainer deserve our congratulations once again. Margy for her personal best of 38:51 in the 5K event in Neustadt, near Owen Sound; and Rainer for missing 3rd place by a mere 3/100ths of a second. That's gotta hurt. The race had a turnout of 291 people in the combined 5K and 10K events – not bad for a town of only 500 inhabitants. Neustadt was once named one of Canada's prettiest villages, and was the home of former Prime Minister John Diefenbaker – as well as a very creditable (according to Rainer) and historic brewery. Well done, you two, as usual.

This post sends birthday wishes out to Jeannette, who is a busy gal and doesn't get out to join us as often as we'd like (hint, hint). Hope you have a great day, Jet!

12 comments:

Trish said...

I plan to be out Mon morning at Bayview and Moore and Wed at Louann's.

Eileen said...

I planto be out at 7pm at Lowblaws on Monday

debbie said...

I'm back from Quebec City, had a wonderful time, walked every single day!

I'll be at Bayview and Moore Monday morning and Wednesday morning at Lou-Ann's.

Anonymous said...

Monday evening at Loblaw's for me, unless I get caught in traffic troubles.

Susan

P Dawn said...

I'll be in the morning group - Monday breakfast and Wednesday swim. Tough life..............

Anonymous said...

Change of plans - going tonight at 8:00 pm instead with Ruth (and maybe Norma & David) in the hope of cooler temperatures.

Susan

Maureen said...

Sharon not available tonight but I plan on on being out 7 pm at Loblaws.

eileen said...

Unfortunately I won't be out tonight (and I even like hills!) My nephew is coming over for dinner but I plan to be at Lou-Ann's on Wed am.

Helen said...

Maureen, It might be just you and I, because Bob joined Monday's morning group. See you (and anyone else) at 7 pm.

Anonymous said...

I will be at the Wed morning walk at Lou-Ann's. I'll get my shoes then, thanks L-A
Leverne

Helen said...

Hi, gang,
Jan can't walk tonight/Wednesday. So to keep her on the straight and narrow, Bob & I will be walking with her on Thursday morning at 7:30. Have a great walk this evening, and see you on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

It was only Maureen and I on Wednesday. We did an enjoyable 8 km, we think.

For all the folks that travelled to Iceland....it will soon be a year! In Thursday's Toronto Star, in the Travel section, there was a write-up about Iceland. Oh, the memories. I need to go back. There is so much that I need to see and do.

I won't be out on Saturday and so enjoy the workout ye hearty souls.

Sharon