Sunday 14 August 2011

Walks: Mon. Aug. 15 & Wed. Aug. 17

Congratulations, Norma and David on your fine finish in the Nissan 10-Miler. David finished under 2 hrs, with a combined run-walk. Norma had an unofficial finish time of 2:10, walking only. You both look great in those Shore-Things blue tees.

Speaking of blue, the swag for this year's Resolution 5K(which actually falls on New Year's Eve this year) is a very smart-looking blue and black jacket. The blue is also remarkably Shore-Things-esque. We were thinking that if we had a team participating again, we might see if we could get them imprinted afterwards with our team logo. We unfortunately missed the early-bird deadline, but prices are still $45 till Oct. 15. Click the link above if you're interested.

Monday is 8K this week, and Wednesday is 10K. The standard meeting time and place applies. Sign in if you'll be there... or elsewhere.

However, as I mentioned in the last post: Once again, because of summer holidays, there is also a morning option, in addition to the evening walk. Both will start at 7 am (not 7:30) Monday starts from Lou-Ann's (bring your bathing suit) and Wednesday from Leverne's. Contact me if you don't know where these are.

The Midsummer Night's 15K is on Saturday, and I can assure you that many on our team will be suitably attired. We have a big team of walkers and we also have a small but enthusiastic cheering section. If you would like to join the latter, please contact me.

By now, you will have received the official invitation for Lou-Ann's pool party, sent via our private email network for, well, for privacy. If it hasn't arrived or if you're not yet on our mailing list, contact me. My email address is cleverly disguised at the bottom left of our blog page.

13 comments:

P Dawn said...

I'll be out in the mornings. Sorry, I gave the incorrect phone number for Wednesday's start. Thanks for the correction, Helen.

debbie said...

I'll be out Monday morning if it's not raining...drizzling, maybe, really raining, nope.

Eileen said...

I'll be out Wed morning, meeting at Leverne's place.

Anonymous said...

Is anyone going to be there tonight?? I'm planning on it.
Sheila

Helen said...

Sheila and friends,

I'm hoping to be out tonight/Monday. (Bob went this morning, and Jan can't make it this evening.)

However, I have what I think is an infected bug bite... that's swelling. It's probably nothing, but Bob (who has been through this before) is threatening to take me to emerg if it keeps it up. So if I'm not there, leave without me.

Helen

Helen said...

If it's raining cats and dogs like this at 7 pm, I think we can assume Wednesday's walk is cancelled.

Anonymous said...

Maureen and I are going to venture out this evening.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Well, it rained cats and dogs and still Helen, Sheila, Maureen and I did 8 km and hills!

Sharon

Trish said...

I will be out Wed morning at Leverne's.

Helen said...

Bob & I have something in the evening, so we will be doing the morning walk from Leverne's. See you at 7.

Maureen said...

Sharon and I are planning on walking tonight, anyone else walking from Shopper's, if not we may do a route closer to home. Let us know.

Helen said...

Maureen, I think Jan said she wanted to walk tonight. She doesn't always check in with the blog, though.

Maureen said...

Change of plans. Sharon and I will not be out tonight. See everyone Saturday morning.