Tuesday 19 July 2011

Saturday 23rd July - Tim's

This is from Helen, at Whistler.   I have asked her to bring back a couple of these four our use.   Possibly one each to hold up ourselves.

I'm sending this earlier because I'm going to be away for a few days.    I'm arbitrarily suggesting 10 k on Saturday morning or less if you wish because it is going to be incredibly hot.   7.00am is the usual starting time, but some of you might wish to start earlier.   It is particularly important to sign stating your preferences, as this Saturday several of us will be going to Ayr to the Toad orientation session.

Speaking of the Toad - those of you who have registered for it and have taken any classes with Lee, will have received an email from her with a training schedule for the Run for the Toad on 1st October.    This suggests four days training per week.     My question is, are there Toad people who would be interested in this?   Secondly, I am not quite sure how this fits in with the KW half a few days before.   Perhaps that will become clearer when it's not too hot to think...........

Also, please remember to take lots of water and drink, drink, drink.   It might also mean that you have to buy extra water (I had to do that recently) depending on your distance, so take some change with you.

That all for now.

9 comments:

Trish said...

I'll be one of those getting up in the wee hours to test out the Toad. Maybe it will be cooler on those trails.

Stacey said...

The Toad awaits me as well.

Anonymous said...

Won't be out on Wed or Sat, just too hot for me. Good luck to the 'toadies'!

Lynne

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone! Hot eh! Sorry I've been AWOL again! I'm heading to the East Coast for a 2 week vacation in a few days so I won't be joining ya'all until after August 11. Good luck to the "trial Toaders!' and stay cool! (figuratively and literally :) Alexis

Eileen said...

I plan to be at Tim's on Saturday at 7am.

Anonymous said...

Cynthia here...
Toaders....be cool.
I'll be out Sat at 7:00

Olwyn said...

Hi all, I won't be out on Saturday July 23 in the morning, because we're having a big 'ol yard sale on our front lawn. So, if you're wanting to check things out, drop by 282 Springdale Blvd after the walk; you may find something you can't live without....for CHEAP!!
9am-1pm; hope to see you there; otherwise, stay cool!

Olwyn said...

Good luck to the Toadies; drink lots!

Helen said...

Good luck to the Toadies! We can sort out the training schedule when you're done. There are three main differences between Lee's schedule and the one already posted:

a) Lee's is 4 days a week; ours is 3 days/wk
b) On the 3 days that aren't long walks, Lee has only 5-7K (though all of them are intervals/fast); we have longer walks for a similar weekly total
c) The long walks on Lee's schedule are longer.

We might consider a hybrid of the two. Again, to be discussed after your training walk and our holiday.

Cheers from Seattle!