Sunday 26 June 2011

Walks: Mon. June 27 & Wed. June 29

A recent walk in the valley took us past the Elevated Wetlands
Quick and to the point: 8K with three 1000-m intervals on Monday; 10K on Wednesday. See you 7ish.

Congratulations go out to Rainer, yet again, for an unofficial official first-place finish (no walker category, although lots of walkers were signed up) in the inaugural Meredith Hagan Inspiration 5K. He has a gift certificate, a bottle of wine and a great big medal to show for it. His report:

The event was very good. The course is trails (similar to the Toad) and it was challenging but interesting. Lots of volunteers and Marshals so was easy to find route. After race food was fantastic. They had wraps, vegetarian and meat, cookies, chips, apples, oranges, bananas, juices and coffee... a very nice spread. Entertainment while we were waiting and again after race. Considering this was first year for this event they did very well with about 500 runners/walkers (so they announced).... but must have been a lot of no shows, did not look like 500.
A reminder that, after July 4th, some of our group will be walking in the mornings rather than the evenings. If you wish to join them, please email Dawn H to be put on her list for start times and locations. If you don't have Dawn's email address, let me know in the comments.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Reiner again -- loved the description of the race.
I plan to be out tonight but if I'm not there by 7 don't wait.

Eileen said...

the first post was me!.....Eileen

Trish said...

I am aiming to join the 7:oo group tonight.
Won;t be out Wed but am looking for company on Thursday.
Trish

Lou-Ann said...

I am unable to walk Wednesday have company for dinner. Trish I am good Thursday, what time as I am available any time after 5:00 as I am at a funeral in the afternoon.

Helen said...

A couple of people have asked about walking on Friday morning rather than Saturday, as it's a holiday. Any takers?

Also, I need to correct my post and say that *on* July 4th (not *after*), Dawn and company will be walking Monday and Wednesday mornings rather than evenings. Please let her know if you're interested. (I might be, if we could start at 7 am; TBD)

See you on Wednesday evening.

Libby said...

Arlene and I are game for Friday AM

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone,
I will not be out on Wed, Fri or Sat as this is our camping weekend. Happy Canada Day!
See you next week.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

I won't be out Wed as it's my school end of year party, but Friday morning sounds good.
Leverne