Wednesday 18 May 2011

Walks: Sat. May 21 @ Tim's & Victoria Day

Night market, Taichung, Taiwan: Scooter!*
Down to the basics: This Saturday, let's join the Toronto Women's Half racers for their 8K taper walk.

On Monday, if there's a wish for it, we can have a morning walk rather than an evening. Shall we say Tim's at 9 am? If you'd prefer to have company for a Monday evening walk, say so in the comments.

It has been suggested that we defer our group breakfast until after the long weekend, and after the next half marathon. Sound good? Please let us know if you're interested in joining a group breakfast, so Bob can arrange a table. We're hoping for The Tulip.

I close with this link to an article on the astonishing benefits of walking. Some you knew, and some might surprise you. We're doing a good thing out there, folks!

 *Please send me your pictures, or you'll be stuck with the 650 photos from my trip to Taiwan. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be walking Saturday (8:00) & Monday morning (9:00) & hope to see lots of my walking buddies.

And, I'm always game for breakfast.

Susan

debbie said...

Like Susan, I'm in for breakfast any time, but...

I'm off tomorrow to Victoria for a ten-day holiday, and my daughters Bonnie and Sabrina will be joining me for part of that time.

So I'll miss the next two Saturdays. But I'll be with you all in spirit, speed-walking along the ocean every morning.

And I'll use whatever influence I have with the Big Guy (so much for my feminism!) to bring back some Victoria weather!

See you all soon,

Debbie

P Dawn said...

I'll be at Tim's at 8.00 on Saturday and 9.00 on Monday.

If we take Helen's previous blog to heart, anyone doing the Run for the TOad practise session on 23rd July should be doing 10 k this Saturday. I'm only just mentioning it......

And I'm certainly interested in breakfast, depending on the date.

Ruth said...

I expect to be out on Saturday and on Monday morning. And I'm definitely interested in breakfast (Henry would like to come too) depending on the date.

Ruth

Olwyn said...

Hoping to be out Saturday morning for an 8k; and I'm happy to join in for the breakfast get-together depending on the dats. Debbie; have a great holiday on the west coast! Olwyn

Trish said...

I like the idea of putting off breakfast, just let me know the date. I plan to be out Saturday morning. I'm not in town Monday morning.

Anonymous said...

Cynthia here.....I will be out for Saturday at 8:00 and Monday if it is not raining. Breakfast sounds good anytime.
Have fun on the west coast Debbie!

Anonymous said...

Breakfast! Mmmmmmmmmm. I'm in. Now I want to come out Saturday morning but I need a ride. I have mailed Helen but If possible, Cynthia, may I get a ride with you? And Monday morning sounds good, too.

Sharon

Lou-Ann said...

I am at our Church yard sale on Saturday (there is a great bake table!!!!!!!) so can't join the walk, however I will be there Monday at 9:00. I have been out of the loop as I haven't been out as much so can someone bring me up to speed about "breakfast". I am always gain on eating, I would would prefer not the weight gain! Have a wonderful long weekend everyone, happy holidays Debbie!

Libby said...

Arlene, Greg and I plan to be out Saturday and will walk from home on Monday. look forward to joining the group again after Lee's classes.

Anonymous said...

All set for Monday morning's walk unless it is raining.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

won't be out on Monday - hurt my back, so taking it easy
I'm in for breakfast whenever it is though
Leverne