Thursday 5 May 2011

Walk: Sat. May 7 @ Tim's

At a secret destination, somewhere in Toronto. [wink wink]
Hot Docs is making me lose track of the days! Here's a quick one for Saturday: it's 16K for the Toronto Women's Half; 8K for the tapering Mississauga and Toronto International Half. Don't be daunted by those distances – come out and walk your own walk.

It's our last class with Wow, so we'll be doing a one-mile test. Try to recall what your first result was. We'd discussed the option for a celebratory brunch afterwards, but it seems like most people would be happy to postpone it. Jeanny, if you're reading this: you still have to send me your email address!

Happy Birthday, Janet V! Hope the sun shines on you (and all of us), but not too hard until we finish our class. And Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. Take it easy!

Next week, I'll be in Taiwan (on a whirlwind business trip), so I'll need my back-up bloggers to handle an assist... please and thanks.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

been absent for a while - work and family keeping me busy - hope to be out tomorrow morning for a short one - doing Merc Benz Oakville 10k on Sunday....
anyone need a ride?

cheers
Kathleen

Olwyn said...

Helen, have a great 'business' trip to Taiwan!! I've still got opera-itis, so won't be out for another week or so; but wish happy trails to everyone who is out there! See you soon, Olwyn

P Dawn said...

Last day with Lee tomorrow, so will be at Tim's for 10.00.

Helen, let me know what you want me to do on the blog for you and I can do that. Mostly I need to know the distances people will be doing. Also, from when, to when, will you be wanting me to post?

Would love to go to Taiwan one day.....

debbie said...

Helen, nice work perk! Hope you get a little extra time to sightsee!

I'll be out Saturday for 8 or 10 km or whatever. I'm excited - looks like a sunny weekend!

Debbie

Helen said...

I'll be there for our last Wow class. See you at 10 am!

Trish said...

I plan to be out for the 8k Saturday morning.

Anonymous said...

Helen if I don't see you on Saturday have a wonderful trip, what an exciting place to go to, lucky girl! I think I might hire you to do a travel log one day, I'm sure your pictures will be able to tell a wonderful story. I plan on walking Saturday morning at 8:00 so see whoever is there! Happy Mother's Day to all, even if you aren't a mother, enjoy the day.

Lou-Ann said...

I was the anonymous person.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there for 8:00 for whatever. See you then,
Sheila