Friday 27 May 2011

Walk: Sat. May 28 @ Tim's (NOTE TIME CHANGE)

Whoo: 31 walkers turned out last Saturday!
Please note: To beat the heat, we're graduating to summer hours with a 7:30 am start on Saturday. As the summer heats up, we might move it a half hour earlier in a few weeks, but this should ease us into it.

Bob is creating a schedule for the back-to-back races, which we'll post soon. It will be in Excel, which will make it easier to prepare schedules in future. For now, the training distance for Saturday is 11K – though, as always, you do what suits you best. I'll canvas for distances before we set out.

Update from the Toad organizers, thanks to Dawn, on the training walk in July:
Run/walk starts at (9:00 a.m.) Park opens at 8:00 a.m. and you pay $12.00 per person at the gate.  We require ahead of time a list of people in your group that will be attending and you can bring others that are not registered for the Toad as long as the pay the entrance fee. 
See you, bright eyed and bushy tailed, at 7:30 on Saturday!

10 comments:

Eileen said...

Unfortunately I won't be able to come out to play this Saturday. I'll do the sun dance for you all.

Anonymous said...

Hey Everyone! I won't be out on Saturday because I'm doing 5km at Sunday's Women's Only.....so....I'm wondering if anyone would like me to pick up their race kit today as I plan to get mine at the end of the day. Just let me know and I could drop them to you or meet you early Sunday..or you can arrange to pick up at my house. Alexis

Helen said...

Silly me! I forgot to send good-luck wishes out to the Toronto Women's Half and 5K racers! Hope you have a great day... and maybe a photo with a shirtless fireman.

Trish said...

I plan to be out on Saturday morning. Dawn count me in on the Toad Training. Going to give it a whirl and see how it goes.
Good Luck to all those racing this weekend. Will help Eileen with her sun dance.

P Dawn said...

I plan to be out at 7.30 tomorrow morning.

Closer to the Toad practice date, I will be collecting names and numbers for this and try to arrange the necessary carpooling - keep tuned!

Olwyn said...

Won't be out on Saturday this week; but have a good walk; let's hope the weather will behave!

Anonymous said...

Cynthia will be there as long as the rain holds off.

Helen said...

See you at 7:30, folks!

Lou-Ann said...

See you at 7:30, I am bringing my friend Cathy to join us.

Anonymous said...

Hey DAwn.....what is the date for the Toad practice ?
I must have missed it...thanks! alexis