Monday 11 April 2011

Walks: Mon. Apr. 11 & Wed. Apr. 13

2011's first visit to Rosetta McClain Gardens
Whew, boy. I'm late this week! Hope you Mississauga Halfers are ready for 8K & 8K, with 8K & 6K on the schedule for the Toronto Women's Half-ers. And, of course, everyone else is on your own schedule – come out and join the walks. See you at 7.

Many of our group have signed up for the Sporting Life 10K on May 1st. However, the Shore Things have been offered another chance to volunteer for this race. If you have a couple of hours to give, let me know, asap, and I'll pass our names along. Last time, we were involved at the race start and were finished in time to enjoy breakfast together.

Congratulations to Margy and Rainer who competed in the Run/Walk for Retina in London, Ontario. Margy did us proud with a sub-40-minute finish in the 5K, and Rainer was second-place walker in the half marathon (the only race with a walkers' category), with a time of 2:34:54 – just 2 minutes behind first place. They liked the race, and are talking about next year and that $150 prize for first.

We still have stuff in the trunk that belongs to you: long-sleeve tees, calendars, even a vest. You know who you are, so please stake your claim! Send me an email to arrange pick-up.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Won't be out tonight - using car drop off and pick up at mechanics as walking routes (2x9k) See you on Wed Night

Kathleen

P Dawn said...

I won't be out either tonight or on Wednesday.

Helen said...

I plan to be there on Monday, but I'll be with Billy Elliot on Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Helen said...see you at 7,
Sheila

Anonymous said...

Hey Everyone, I am unfortunately not able to make Billy Elliot tonight....I have 2 tix available if anyone is interested please let me know asap and I'll get them to you. I wanted to check with you guys first before I offer at my office. Enjoy the show!
alexis

Anonymous said...

The Tickets are spoken for! Thanks!
Alexis

Helen said...

Bob and I won't be out tonight, for different reasons. Stay dry and see you on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Sigh...only Denise and I tonight (guess we should check the blog BEFORE we head out)...did our walk anyway...see you all on Saturday with Mary joining us as well...Alisa