Friday 15 April 2011

Walk: Sat. April 16 @ Tim's

Here's a look at what the TTC is doing by our stomping grounds
Last-minute post to invite you to our weekly Saturday walkfest starting at Tim Hortons at Leslie and Lakeshore at 8 am. For our racers, it's 11K (Mississauga Half) and 13K (Toronto Women's Half). Looks like Saturday's weather will be wet. The racers have the option to set a rain date, perhaps for Sunday. Sign in and/or check in on the blog early Saturday if you're planning on switching.

For those training with Lee Scott (our 5th class, already!), we start at 10 am from Tim's. I have a feeling that Lee (AKA "There is no bad weather, only bad clothing" Scott) will go ahead with the class, whatever the weather. So please ensure that you are not wearing "bad clothing."

Our birthday kids this week are the birthday kids from last week (Jim and Nishe) as I was a bit previous in my birthday wishes. Hope you had twice the fun.

I still have one vest (women's small) and one calendar that has 8 good months in it, plus lots of pictures. Please claim your wares.

17 comments:

P Dawn said...

I'l be out for Lee's class in the morning - no promises as to how long I'll be staying if it's pouring rain.

It's actually our forth class, though.

Helen said...

You're right, Dawn. I started to doubt my arithmetic as soon as I hit Publish.

I'll be at class, furiously rain-dancing.

Anonymous said...

I'll be at Lee's class...not sure what my Miss/ halfer friends are planning??
alexis

Anonymous said...

I will not be at Tim's Saturday, I hope the rain clouds will come later in the day for everyone.

Anonymous said...

Planning to do the MS Walk on Sunday, so will probably take a pass tomorrow if it's pouring.

Walk on WOWers!

Sheila

Anonymous said...

I will not be out if it's pouring tomorrow, but if it's drizzling I'll be there. I'm still wringing out from last weekend.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

If it's pouring I'll hold off til Sunday for my K

Kathleen

Jan said...

The weather looks miserable - I'll be happy to join anyone going Sunday instead?

debbie said...

Brave souls whoever is out there today!

I'd love to go Sunday, but as of now the forecast is for rain and once again very high winds.

But if they're wrong, I'll come out.

Let's keep posting to update.

Cheers,

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'll go Sunday, if others are going.

I was the only loyal dedicated soul who turned up for an 8:00 am start this morning. Oh well....got my grocery shopping done instead.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Those in the Copeland area are planning on a 9 am departure IF it is not raining...otherwise we are staying in our PJs

Alisa for Denise and Mary

debbie said...

It's currently 7:05 am...weather forecast BY THE HOUR predicts it will start raining around 9 am (more like drizzle, it says 1 mm for the entire day) --so I'm thinking, let's start at 8 and hope the rain is slow to begin.

So....I'm in for an 8 am start - anyone else?

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Debbie - I"ll go for 8, or actually (I just crawled out of bed) so I may be a couple of minutes after....at Tim's?

or if it is only you & me, let's just walk along Queen St towards each other until we meet...unless someone else replies that they will be at Tim's.
Susan

debbie said...

Hi Susan --

deal....see you on Queen Street, unless anyone else responds by
7;45, in which case we'll all meet at Tim's.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

great....I'll be ready to leave at 7:45, I"ll check for others, and then leave (on foot if just you). Does that work for you?

I just tried to call you...couldn't

Susan

debbie said...

Phone was off, please call again - I'm leaving the house in 2 mins, have phone with me

Debbie

Jan said...

sorry gang - got up took one look at the weather and went back to bed - glad I did. When I looked up again it was hailing! Call me a wimp!