Sunday 27 March 2011

Walks: Mon. March 28 & Wed. March 30

Bob crosses the Around the Bay 30K finish at 3:42 and change
The report from our long-distance competitor is that, despite the truly killer hill at about the 20K mark [Ed: I stand corrected: the hill's at about the 25K mark], 30K of Around the Bay felt easier than 2011's Chilly Half. No wet feet might have something to do with it. Bob finished three minutes under his goal time and on paper was 10th, although unofficial observers on the course told him three times that he was the third walker – and no walkers passed him. So it looks like we still need to do a better job of educating runners about what it means to "walk" a race.

This week, the Mississauga folk do 6K & 8K, and the Women's Half gals do 8K & 8K.

Happy birthday, Leeping. We'd love to have you join us for a walk (though you are allowed to have your birthday off).

It's hard to believe our Shore Things 10+1 is this coming Sunday. Reminder that Bob hoped to touch base with his volunteer team on Tuesday night. If you can't come, please drop him a line before then so you can compare notes for race day.

4 comments:

Helen said...

I'm sure you expected me to take the night off after my 5K race yesterday. But, no, I'm a trooper. So I hope to see you Monday night for at least 6K... possibly more. It depends on how much my slacker husband intends to lounge after a measly 30K at lightning speed yesterday. Some people!

Helen said...

I'll be out for 6-8K on Wednesday evening, whatever's going.

Eileen said...

I'll be out tonight for 4 km. Testing the waters! Niki -- are you going?

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Cannot make it AGAIN tonight...I miss all of you. I'll definitely see you this weekend, maybe both days.

Enjoy the sunshine,
Sheila