Friday 25 March 2011

Walk: Sat. March 26 @ Tim's

With hope, sunshine and clear roads will prevail on the weekend
This is the weekend when some of us begin the 6-week course with Wow Powerwalking, starting from Tim's at 10 am. Therefore, our usual Saturday numbers will be a bit lower. Hope to see each other on the crossover. Both May half marathons have just 10K on their schedules, a relative walk in the park.

Arlene has asked me to post this call for participants – she's thinking ahead to January 2012:
The Disney races next January are the weekend after New Year's and include everything from a 5k to the (Ed: appropriately named) Goofy, a half plus a full marathon. Ruth is interested and wondering about a group. Libby and I are going with our long-time hiking friends, 5 of whom are beginner racers. Apparently, a large condo can be rented in the area. 
If you want to be added to the list, let both Arlene and Dawn know, and we'll start collecting names... and I guess preparing schedules!

On that racey topic, I'm just asking again that if you've reserved a place, but can't attend the brunch after the Shore Things 10+1, please let us know. We've been overwhelmed with the popularity of the race, and now have a number of racers who won't be able to join in on the brunch due to lack of space. I know we said "first come, first served" -- but after the race is over, I'm guessing that it will be a let-down for any finisher who we can't accommodate at the restaurant. It might be good to begin scouting for an alternative venue for next year, so that we don't encounter this situation again.

That, I think, is all, folks!

7 comments:

Helen said...

Except! I forgot to wish my own dear husband (and myself, in a 5K version) luck at the Around the Bay 30K on Sunday! Give 'em heck, honey!

Olwyn said...

Good luck Helen and Bob ~ you go guys! I'm planning to be at Tims at 8:00am tomorrow (Sat) for an 8k, if anyone would like to join me, I'd be thrilled, as I know a lot of peeps are doing Lee's classes. Helen, thank you for saying 'With Hope', someone is giving you an A+ from above....
Olwyn

Lou-Ann said...

Olywn I will be joining you at Tim's for 8:00. Cheers to you Helen and Bob!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to Helen and Bob going around the bend. I can relinquish a spot at the Shore Things brunch to a racer if needed.
Leverne

Trish said...

Good luck Bob and Helen. Hoping the sun will shine on you.
Olywn, I will join you for 8k at Tim's.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Helen & Bob for Sunday's race..may the force (weather) be with you.
I will be out on Saturday for either 10 if any one is interested or 8 if there are no takers.

Lynne

Anonymous said...

Good luck Helen and Bob...the fab three (aka Denise, Mary and Alisa) will be out on Saturday for 8...see whoever then