Sunday 20 March 2011

Walks: Mon. March 21 & Wed. March 23

Behold, my t-shirt quilt in rough progress! Where are your race tees?
Happy Spring! It seemed a long time in coming this year. Longer, sunnier days are ahead!

New schedules are posted on the blog for the two May half marathons. Thanks to Leverne for her help with this. Separate ones are posted for the Mississauga/Goodlife races on May 15th and for the Toronto Women's Half on May 29th. I've also created a combined schedule, so I'll know who does what, when. Have a look at your race schedule.

Monday, it's 8K for Mississauga/Goodlife, and 6K for the Women's Half. Wednesday, it's 6K for both races. Come out and blow away the cobwebs.

As far as I know, these are the only two spring half marathons. Please tell me (and Dawn) if I'm wrong about that. And do continue to let Dawn know which races you are actually registered in. That makes planning much easier, and attending the race as a team more fun.

Classes with Lee Scott start next weekend, and I've just sent out a reminder from Arlene.

Our Shore Things 10+1 is two weeks away, and Race Marshall Bob is asking the main race coordinators to meet at our house on Tuesday, March 29th at 7 pm (if you're unsure whether that means you, it probably doesn't). It shouldn't take more than an hour to be sure all our "i"s are dotted. Please let him know if you can attend, or to make alternative arrangements.

Thanks, everyone. Enjoy this springy weather.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone planning on coming out tonight if the weather cooperates?

Lynne

Anonymous said...

I'm planning on walking, it looks nice out now.
Leverne

Helen said...

I'm planning on being out tonight...

debbie said...

I'll be there!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Well I for one am playing chicken and staying in tonight, this weather has defeated me.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I will be staying in tonight, this weather has beaten me.
Leverne

Helen said...

Unsure about tonight myself. If it's still coming down hard, I might stay in.

Would anyone be interested in switching to Thursday night this week?

Olwyn said...

I won't be out tonight, perhaps tomorrow if the weather improves....still snowing like there's no tomorrow out my office window! Olwyn

Helen said...

Sorry if some of you have had difficulty commenting. We were getting spammed on some of our older posts, so I adjusted the comment moderation -- but I might have been too aggressive with the cut-off date. Long story short: you should be okay now.

Anonymous said...

I might be interested in Thursday... if the snow has stopped by then.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I cannot make it tonight.
See you Saturday,
Sheila

Anonymous said...

I am sick...if I have a miraculous recovery and the weather improves I may be out tomorrow.

Lynne

Helen said...

There's a sun icon in the weather on Thursday. So let's reschedule tonight's walk for then. It might be windy, but at least there'll be no snow falling, and the roads will have settled in.

Check in tomorrow to see who's coming. Bob & I will be at Shoppers on Thursday.

Helen said...

So, what do you think: should we bundle up for 6K from Shoppers on Thursday?

Anonymous said...

I am not feeling up to walking tonight. Hopefully I will be ok for Saturday.
Lynne