Wednesday 30 March 2011

Walks: Sat. Apr. 2 and Sunday, Shore Things 10+1

Synchronized stretching after our Wow Powerwalking class
A reminder to our Wow trainees that our class this Saturday starts at 12:30 pm at Tim's – this week only. Hey, a chance to sleep in!

For those who wish a warm-up for the race on Sunday, or who aren't racing and would like to stretch your legs as usual, meet at Tim's at 8 am as usual, and sign in to let your walking pals know you'll be there.

You should all have the details for Sunday's race in your in-box. No one has asked to be added to a wait list for brunch, so I'm assuming all those who have reserved can keep their place, and that everyone else has other plans. I can only add this message from our busy raffle committee, Trish and Cheryl:
Thanks for all the generous donations for our raffle on Sunday. We have 32 great prizes, including wine, opera tickets, gardening goodies, bath and body stuff, coffee, books and much, much more. Raffle tickets will be sold at the brunch, so please bring cash. Tickets will be 2 for $5, or 5 for $10. See you at the starting line!
Good luck to Olwyn in the Harry's Spring 8K on Saturday. Remember what I said about that last hill, and enjoy the great swag (Harry's always has it).

Happy birthday to Sheila. May the sun shine on you!

And may it shine on us all on Sunday. Have a great weekend, and a great race, everyone.

10 comments:

Bob said...

If anyone is bringing family or friends that I might not know about as volunteers for the 10+1, please let me know so we can thank them properly.

Helen said...

Attention, Midsummer Night's walkers (or those interested in this year's race): price goes up tonight (March 31st) at midnight. Get registered for less.

P Dawn said...

I'll try to be at Tim's at 8 am to warm up. BUT, I don't know why I think warming up will help me.

After registering, I may just drive down to the parking near the spit and warm up there.

Weather sounds promising!!!

Olwyn said...

Helen, thanks for the 'shout out' for the Harry's Spring Runoff on Saturday; one question; will I know it when I get to 'the hill'?
See everyone on Sunday; and thanks to all for organizing our great race once again! Olwyn

Eileen said...

I'll be out Saturday for about 6km. Is anyone else interested?

debbie said...

I'm in for Saturday morning, 6 or 7 or 8 km, whatever people want!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

See you Saturday morning.

Anonymous said...

Lou-Ann is the anonymous person.

Stacey said...

Does anyone want to take Peggy's place at brunch tomorrow? She is happy to give it to someone else who is walking or volunteering, as she is doing neither.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great race today - I am thrilled to have earned my very first medal with such a welcoming and caring group of people...Alisa