Saturday 19 February 2011

Walks: Mon. Feb. 21 & Wed. Feb. 23

The Shore Things take up ice-rope walking
As Monday is Family Day, which many of us enjoy as a holiday, we're offering a Monday morning alternative. Those willing will meet at Tim Hortons at 8:30 am. (If you'd rather meet at Loblaws in the evening, sign in to prompt for company.) The scheduled distance is 8K – but, as always, your mileage may differ.

Wednesday, ignore the schedule posted online and show up for 10K (or less, if you prefer) at the usual time and place. It will be our longest walk until we do the Chilly Half. Do I hear cheering?

Plans continue apace for different events. If you're doing the KW races, remember to get me your cheque, this weekend if possible. Bob is looking into the possibility of a group rate for the Waterloo Hotel (no guarantees, but no harm asking). In any case, we'll try to reserve a block of rooms. Let us know if you're interested.

We're also starting to prepare for the Shore Things 10+1 on Sunday, April 3rd, with Bob as race marshall. Don't be fooled by the name of the race; there will be only one race and one distance: 11K, for 2011. We'll have one start time, probably at 8 am, to be finished in decent time for brunch. Further details will follow, but this is to get you thinking. (Harry's Spring Run-Off is the day before, for those who are considering it.)

11 comments:

Trish said...

I'm in for Monday morning cheque in hand.
Cheryl and I would like to request a non-vibrating room for KW.

P Dawn said...

I will probably be here tomorrow morning at 8.30 at Tim's

Another great picture, Helen. Those Shore Things are indeed something to behold.

Ruth said...

Definitely a great picture - a classic Shore Things moment.

Libby, Arlene, and I would also like a room for KW. I don't know about this vibrating/non-vibrating stuff, but we'll settle for one that has beds.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Nice photo, Helen. I reminds me of the soaker I got walking that icy trail. Tomorrow looks promising. I hear that the snow is on its way tonight and we should be getting between 10-15 cm. Oh yeah, the temperature should be around -15 degrees.

As I signed up for the KW I guess I'll need a place to lay my head, too.

See you in the morning, weather permitting.

Sharon

Helen said...

Bob & I will be at Tim's on Monday morning. See you at 8:30.

Anonymous said...

Ruth & I will likely do hills around here; not at Tim's....unless we change our minds.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I'm planning on Monday morning at Tim's
Leverne

Bob said...

Re: KW
I have booked Jan, Ray, Trish, Cheryl, Helen and myself. The rooms are going fast (only 6 left, so I'd suggest calling directly today to guarantee you get one. The site is www.thewaterloohotel.ca, where you can preview the rooms. The toll free number is 1-877-885-1890. Please let me know once it's confirmed.

Operators are standing by...

Bob said...

Sorry, I forgot to mention also booking for Ruth, Libby and Arlene.

Eileen said...

I'll be out Wed night for about 6km

Helen said...

I'll be out tonight for 10K and hope I'll have some company.