Friday 18 February 2011

Walk: Sat. Feb. 19 @ Tim's

I suspect that Friday's weather will send this snowcouple off on holiday.
Just a quickie to say: this is the big one, Chilly Halfers. 18K. The direction of our route will depend on road safety, as Friday's unseasonable melt will probably ice up by Saturday morning.

If we go east (if the boardwalk is clear enough), Rosetta MacClain Gardens is our turnaround. If north, then we can get our extra 2K by either continuing up to Moore, then right to Bayview OR wending north through the cemetery to Mt. Pleasant.

Can someone who lives in the Beach check the boardwalk by end of day Friday? It would be great to know what to expect there before we begin.

If 18K sounds daunting, remember: there is always someone (or, more likely, someones) who isn't going these crazy long distances. Do join us.

Before I sign off, I've been very remiss. Norma and Libby deserve big thank yous for organizing the long-sleeve tee shirts for the group! I believe we're united in thinking the tees are fabulous. Thanks, gals!

Further thanks to Barbara for herding us cats together to see Billy Elliot. It's going to be great fun.

See you 8ish at Tim's for our big adventure.

7 comments:

P Dawn said...

I WILL ;BE TIM'S TOMORROW MORNING. Not for 18 - maybe 10???

Lou-Ann said...

I will see you at Tim's Saturday, not doing 18k though, I guess you and I Dawn so far.

Helen said...

Chilly Halfers, remember to send me your t-shirt size.

See you tomorrow for 18K.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there for the 18k-er...if we can keep this howling gale at our back it will be a snap!

See you in the morning.
Sheila

Ruth said...

I'll be there too, for 18K. I wonder if ice skates are going to be the appropriate footwear?

Ruth

debbie said...

I'm back in Montreal this weekend, handling some family stuff.

I miss you guys...meantime am walking here to keep up with you all.

I hope to be at Tim's next Saturday.

Good luck with the 18k...you guys are amazing!

Anonymous said...

How does one dress when the temperature reaches 12 degrees celsius, but the wind will send you flying and by morning we may slip and slide and freeze?

Layers, layers and more layers.

See you in the morning.
Sharon