Thursday 10 February 2011

Walk: Sat. Feb. 12 @ Tim's

This looks totally unposed and natural, doesn't it?
Another Saturday, a nice long walk: 16K for the Chilly Half crew. I suggest we repeat the Rosedale route. An upward slope, and a downward return. There are shorter turnarounds along the way. It might depend on which way the wind blows, however. See you 8ish.

A few things to note: I've contacted Susan Lewis about registering as a team for the Kitchener-Waterloo Walking Classic races in September, and will send you a separate email about that on Friday.

Don't forget that little Champagne and Chocolates race this Sunday. Details were in my previous Saturday reminder.

Not that you're thinking about gardening much right now, but I also wanted to pass along this great rain barrel buy: $55 gets you a decent sized barrel with all the fitting, and the cost benefits the Toronto Master Gardeners and Toronto Botanical Garden. Follow the link to my blog for more information.

Stay warm, my friends!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I plan on walking Saturday, if anyone needs to get ahold of me please telephone as my home computer is down and out!

Lou-Ann said...

Oops forgot to say who - Lou-Ann.

P Dawn said...

I hope to be out tomorrow morning - but not for 16k.

Helen said...

I'm in for 16K. See you with bells on.

Alisa said...

The threesome of Denise, Mary and myself (Alisa) will be there - not necessarily for 16 but for something

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Sat and don't mind doing 16K especially the northern route.
Leverne

Olwyn said...

Great 'natural' shot, Helen! (!) I won't be out tomorrow, alas; just too much going on in my life right now! Things will slow down in March, so I'm planning to be back then.... Happy Walking! Olwyn

Anonymous said...

oh yes....16 km sounds daunting but necessary. I'll be there. Can someone please turn up the heat?

Susan

Libby said...

Arlene and I will there for the 16k north