Monday 10 January 2011

Walks: Mon. Jan. 10 and Wed. Jan. 12

Are Shore Thing tough? You bet your snow-filled boots they are!
What an amazing turnout for such a snowy, snowy day on Saturday (and even on a sunnier Sunday)! You gotta love that insanity, I mean tenacity. Norma tells me a new term has been coined for this kind of exercise: Power slogging. Let's hope there isn't too much of it.

The Chilly Half schedule is in full swing now with 8K (with hills, if possible) and 6K this week. The Robbie Burns is only two weeks away. I've even heard murmurings about doing the appropriately named Goofy Race and a Half in January 2012. We need to prepare. Come out and see what the weather delivers. You can't beat those Resolution jackets for visibility. And our night lights are more important than ever.

A very happy birthday to one of our charter members Janet Z, who has been doing this crazy walking thing since around this time in 2003. What a gal!

4 comments:

P Dawn said...

what a photo. what a day! the new tern if 'power slogging is spot on!!!!

Won't be put tonight, and MAY be at Shopper's on WEDNESDAY

Anonymous said...

I'll be at Loblaws tonight, looks like I might be solo, hope not.

Sheila

Helen said...

Bob & I will be there tonight, Sheila. See you at 7.

Olwyn said...

I won't be out tonight, but do hope to be there on Saturday morning. BTW, there is a new book out called 'A Shore Thing', written by Snooki of Jersey Shore fame. I'm pretty 'shore' it's not a book about us; in fact, I hope not! (!)