Thursday 27 January 2011

Walk: Sat. Jan. 29 @ Tim's

A splash of warmth in a snowy landscape
Cutting to the chase: Chilly Halfers go 16K this Saturday, but you can choose a shorter distance. We all know the 16K route eastbound, but if it's too snowy I've also mapped out this route that takes us northbound through Rosedale. The early party of the route will be familiar to most of you; the latter part will be familiar to many. Let's see what the weather brings.

Please do consider the courses offered by Wow. They don't start till the weather is a bit nicer, and they really do help. Unless you're some kind of prodigy, you don't learn to play the piano by having a teacher come once or twice. You build the muscle memory over many visits and practise. We need to have our minimums to have the courses at all. If they don't interest you now, but might do later, then let Arlene know.

A heads-up from Libby about a Vinyl Cafe event on Feb. 9th with possible appeal to Stuart McLean fans. Libby, Arlene and related gentlemen are attending. Part of the ticket price comes back to you as a charitable donation receipt. Click the image for a larger view.

Libby also says that t-shirts should arrive next week!

And on that note of giftery, here's wishing Elaine a happy birthday. Hope you're having a great day!

6 comments:

Olwyn said...

Happy Birthday to Eileen; hope you have a great one! And, I won't be out Sat morning; another early appt with my Dad in Pickering; but happy, safe walking to all, especially the 16k'ers! Olwyn

P Dawn said...

I hope to be out on Saturday morning.

debbie said...

Gary and I will be out Saturday for 7-10 k, depending on the weather.

Eileen said...

I won't be out there on Saturday but should see the gang on Wed night ...... probably. It depends on the snow conditions as I'm still in recovery mode.

Thanks for the birthday wishes Olwyn but you're a little early!

Congratulations to the Robbie Burns gang on such a good showing.

Lou-Ann said...

I plan on seeing you Saturday, won't be a 16er though.

Anonymous said...

I will be out for 16k tomorrow. My vote is for Rosedale, even though I cannot access the route.
Barb Shand