Monday 31 January 2011

Walks: Mon. Jan. 31 & Wed. Feb. 2

Duct Tape on the toes. When it does stay on, it helps.
Oh, good grief. Severe storm warning for Wednesday, with at least 15 cm of snow. Couldn't it wait till Thursday? Sheesh. This winter seems to know our schedule.

Well, the weeknight distances are theoretically 8K and 8K. Let's do our best to do our best. Bundle up, as Monday promises to be cold. Wednesday night is a Doc Soup night. You know what that means.

For those who love films and books (and who don't walk on Mondays), Barbara B. passes on this link about the TIFF Book Club. You read a book, then see a related film or adaptation on the night, with a guest speaker. And I will point out that until Feb. 10th, Winterlicious is on -- great fixed price deals at restaurants all over the city.

Which reminds me, was someone going to be looking into group tickets for Billy Elliot?

See, it's all about the walking here.

8 comments:

P Dawn said...

I won't be out on Monday or Wednesday. Hope to be out on Saturday if I don't get lost in the snow in the meantime.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I was planning on being there tonight...is anyone else coming?

Sheila

Helen said...

Sheila and friends,

I plan on being there on Monday.

(Wednesday, I'll either be at Doc Soup... or lost in the snow.)

Anonymous said...

I think I am coming down with a 'bug'so am going to give the walk a miss tonight. Wed is Hot Docs, hope I'm feeling better by then! Should be up for a walk on Saturday as long as the weather cooperates!

Lynne
BTW Helen I found my yak traks in my car.

Olwyn said...

I won't be out this week; opera, opera, opera! Walk carefully, my friends!

Anonymous said...

I will not be out tonight.
Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

I won't be home in time to make the Wednesday night walk, see you Saturday.
Sheila

Trish said...

I have done my trudge for today. Small mountains at every corner. As for those snow flakes - behind each nice fluffy flake likes a little pellet of ice.
Safe travels to all those who must venture out today.