Monday 22 November 2010

Walks: Mon. Nov. 22 & Wed. Nov. 24

For a little balletic cross-training, Lou-Ann steps up to the piano barre.
Looks like it might be a wet one on Monday. Let's see how it is closer to the event. If we can, it would be good to squeeze in 5-6K, don't you think? Wednesday's weather looks more promising, and we'll aim for the same.

Races are filling quickly. The Toronto Women's Half in May is already sold out (!), as are the Tannenbaum 10K and Robbie Burns 8K. So so visit the blog, look at the races posted there, or suggest your own, and register. It's much cheaper to register early and, as we can see, it avoids disappointment.

For those doing the Resolution 5K, Debbie has generously invited us to brunch at her place afterwards, and she's putting on quite a spread! I'll send you all the details privately. Thanks, Debbie!

It was great to see Debbie out and looking so fit on Saturday. We should all look so good after major surgery!
Calendars and books have been ordered. Charlotte will contact you about payment (thanks, Charlotte!), after I get the final tally. With the discount for a 25+ order, the base price for the calendars is US$17.99, plus currency exchange, shipping and HST. The base price for the books is US$101 and change, plus the above.

We have a 30-day window in which to re-order if you decide you want a calendar, but it would be without the discount: US$19.99, plus the above. The exchange rate comes in pretty close to par.

Thanks to everyone who has volunteered on various committees! You are making my life a whole lot easier. For those who need how-to training on the blog, I'll arrange a lunch or dinner session over the Christmas break. Thanks to Eileen for coordinating everything.

And thanks again, all of you, for my sparkly jewelry. I love the Shore Things.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is everyone?

Sharon

Anonymous said...

I will not be out tonite....too much work to do! Hopefully will see y'al on Wed. Alexis

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tonight...just got in...poor dog needs a walk...too tired to run around....and it's raining!
Lynne

Helen said...

From the radar map, we're in the middle of a big raincloud, with more on the way. On one hand, we might make it for a walk between clouds. On the other, we might get wet.

I'll check it again in half an hour, but right now I'm thinking I might just risk giving this walk a pass.

Helen said...

Confirming my lazibonesedness for Monday. Have a dry walk, the intrepid few.

P Dawn said...

I won't be out on Wednesday, but hope to be at Tim's on Saturday.

After Sunday, I won't be available electronically for a few days as I'm getting a new computer and everything has to be transferred from the old to the new.

Olwyn said...

I won't be out on Wednesday this week, but will see you at Tim's on Saturday morning. Have a great week, everyone!

Anonymous said...

I know it's chilly out there, but because I skipped Monday, I'm planning on being there tonight.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I'm planning to come out wed night too!

Eileen said...

That was me who said "I'm planning to come out wed night too"!