Friday 1 October 2010

Walk: Sat. Oct. 2 @ Tim's

20-mile water station, Chicago Marathon 2005
Wow, October... already? The Chicago Marathon racers are getting ready for their milestone race on Thanksgiving weekend, just 10 days from today. Ruth is going for one more half mid-month with the Toronto Marathon. And the Shore Things 10+10 is closing out the month on Hallowe'en – don't forget to register with Charlotte, so we can be well prepared for our own race and fun. Apologies in advance for the important detail I'm missing. It's always something...

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Saturday, our Chicago racers enjoy a relatively brief 13K walk, while the rest of us can choose the distance that pleases us, depending on our race or recreation plans. Come out, come out, wherever you are. Good company and conversation are guaranteed, whatever your distance.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will miss walking with you saturday. Margie and I are off saturday morning to Picton to do the PEC half.
Anyone interested in Cavan 10km Oct 16th ?? We will be doing again. Rainer

Anonymous said...

Us Chicagoans are looking forward to the blissful 8am start this Saturday. See you then.
Leverne

Olwyn said...

I won't be out Saturday morning, but hope to be out next week sometime. Happy weekend to all!

Libby said...

I will not be joining my Chicago companions Saturday as I will be "Running/Walking for the Cure" with my family team - 12 of us called "Breast Assured" on Sunday. My sister-in-law(45) is a survivor.
Hope to see David and Norma at the event.
I will walk my 13k early Saturday from home turf to return in time to cook a turkey dinner for 15!
I may try to walk with the Monday group as a swan song before Chicago!
Have a great weekend all! Libby

Trish said...

Yes I will be out Saturday.

Eileen said...

I'll be out Saturday for an easy walk

Barbara said...

I will be out Saturday at 8 am - horray!

Ruth said...

Best of luck to Rainer and Margie. And to Libby, David and Norma. I'll be at Tim's at 8:00.

Ruth