Sunday 3 October 2010

Walks: Mon. Oct. 4 & Wed. Oct. 6

Four of our six Chicago Marathoners. You go, girls!
It's easy street for the next two walks, if you're going to the Chicago Marathon: 6K and 5K. The rest of us might as well join them, to send them on their way in good cheer – and with big cheers!

And big cheers to Margy & Rainer for their performance in the PEC Half Marathon in Prince Edward County. They were each 2nd in their age category and top-ten finishers in their gender with a sub-3-hour finish. You guys are hard to beat for boundless energy!

Looking ahead to Thanksgiving weekend, there might be our long-weekend switcheroo for Monday's walk, if people prefer. What say, folks? Anyone prefer to walk on Monday morning rather than the evening? Sign in with your preferred time and place, and we'll announce it in our next post.

Please get Charlotte your $10 fee if you're doing the Shore Things 10 + 10. Please contact Trish if you can contribute to the prizes, and let Dawn H. know if you'll be at TKOs for brunch afterwards. Family are welcome to join us for brunch ($15 per person), but we need to let the restaurant know our numbers.

One last reminder: the Shore Things end-of-year party is Saturday, November 13th. Mark your calendars!

11 comments:

Olwyn said...

Congrats to Margy and Rainer; you two are amazing! I probably won't be out tonight, as I think I have a cold coming; working Wed night so won't be out then. Will tune in later in the week about Saturday and Monday. Have a great week everyone ~

Helen said...

I'm wavering about walking tonight (especially as I know I'll miss Wednesday), as I seem to have inherited Bob's virus.

By the way, the important thing I forgot this week is to mention that Wednesday is the first film of this year's Doc Soup, which many of our Wednesday regulars attend. So it'll be a small group sending off the Chicago-go-goans.

Have the very best time in Chicago, gang. And enjoy your walks this week, everyone.

Jan said...

My turn for "the cold" and in the interest of keeping the Chicago people healthy I'm staying home tonight - feel lousy. And Wed is Hot Docs, so see everyone on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I will not be walking tonight given the rain and the temperature. Also I have just spent the day at a workshop sitting near a woman who coughed all day and I do not want to get sick. If I avoid all unnecessary interaction with people I may be able to avoid the cold that is circulating!

Lynne

P Dawn said...

too late to say that I won't be out tonight (Monday) I guess. Hope to be at Shoppers on Wednesday, but if I'm not there,.... please don't wait for me.

Good luck to all the Chiga bound folks. Have a great time and have fun!!

Would be happy to do Thanksgiving Monday morning walk. IF we have it at Tim's, we can get coffee afterwards.

debbie said...

Seven of us came out Monday for an enjoyable 7 km.

I'm in for Wednesday as well.

And, as Dawn suggested, a Thanksgiving Monday morning walk from Tim's would be great.

Cheers

Debbie

Charlotte S said...

I'm in for Monday morning from Tim's, say 9:00am?

Eileen said...

I won't be out tonight (Wed) but I plan to be at Tim's on Saturday. Good luck to all the Chicago marathoners! Your solid training and determination will make it an amazing experience!

Trish said...

I won't be out tonight (Wed) but will see you Saturday. Won't be out Mon - going to do a walk with my daughter through the valley close to home.

Anonymous said...

Monday morning is doable. Wednesday is doable. Way to go Chicago gals! Now that's doable.

Get well everyone who is not.

Sharon

debbie said...

Weather has turned nicer, I'll be there tonight at 7!

Cheers

Debbie