Thursday 2 September 2010

Walk: Sat. Sept. 4 @ Tim's

You knew this about these two, didn't you?
We're into the home stretch in training for the two upcoming events. Chicagoers have 29K on the schedule. That should be a cinch after your sweaty 30K last weekend. I expect you'll be starting at 6 am – please sign in to confirm or deny.

The half marathoners for Kitchener-Waterloo go 16K. Should we start at 7 am? I think so.

I realize that the 10K K-W racers don't have a schedule, so come out and (as those goofy Mungo Jerry In the Summertime lyrics say) "just do what you feel." But let us know what you're feeling, especially as it's the last long weekend of summer.

Whenever it's a long weekend, we often walk Monday morning at 9:30 am at Loblaws, rather than the Monday evening walk. Sign in to say if that appeals to you, and I'll note it in the next blog post.

Pre-race dinner for KW: Consensus is eat-in, so we'll make plans accordingly. Bob has volunteered to find a place for brunch afterwards. Details will follow.


Shore Things 10+10: Yes, we're starting to plan for our own 10-mile and 10K race on Sunday, October 31st, costumes optional. Eileen has agreed to be race marshall again, and now we need other volunteers. Last year, people volunteered to organize things like volunteers, prizes and the post-race brunch (TKOs was wonderful last time). We already have our route and hopefully can re-order medals. Please let us know your interest, as participants or as volunteers.

Shore Things Yearbook & Calendar: It would help me to know in advance how many people will order a book and/or calendar. For the book, I can go up to 100 pages. However, if you're thinking of ordering a book, you can help by telling me in advance how much you'd want to pay, and I can design the book accordingly. Your input, please.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be away returning Wednesday(but too late to join you for a walk)...see you on the 11th.
Sheila

Olwyn said...

I'll be out Saturday morning at 7:00am for the 16k. Next week, I won't be out at all, as I'll be showing my British cousins around town, and searching out the perfect 'room temperature' pint for them!
Helen, I'd like to order two calendars; I'll say no to the book at the moment though.

Eileen said...

I'll be out Sat at 7 for the 16km.

I'd prefer for the Monday walk to go in the morning but earlier - would 8:30 be ok? If not I'm easy either way.

Helen, I'd love a calendar.

Helen said...

We'll be out at 7 am for 16K.

And on Monday, I'd be game for an 8:30 am start, to have more of the day to enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Is anyone else doing the Oakville Half or 10km Monday Sept 6th ?
I am registered for the 10km
Margie and I will be out saturday morning
Rainer

debbie said...

I'll be out Saturday at 7 am for 16km.

Looking forward to it!

Debbie

Charlotte S said...

I'll be out on Saturday at 7:30 or 8:00 whatever time the non-16k walkers are starting. As for Monday, how about 9:00 from Tim's? Anyone else interested?

Charlotte S said...

And by the way, Helen, I would like a calendar.

Anonymous said...

Helen, do you have the beltline route for our 29k on Saturday? and I would also like a calendar. Also I wouldn't mind meeting at Tim's on Monday morning... for the post walk refreshments!

Lynne

Anonymous said...

Helen, could I have the route for the belt-line too, as I may join the Chicago group for a bit of the 29k depending on the direction they are going.
thanks,
Barb Shand

P Dawn said...

I'd rather go from Tim's on Monday morning so we can have coffee afterwards.

Saturday, 7.30 would work for me as a non-16k person.

Helen, I'd love a calendar, but not a book this year.

Thanks

Ruth said...

Arlene and I plan to be out on Saturday at 7 for 16K.

And I'll set my alarm clock for an 8:30 walk on Monday morning - either Loblaws or Tim's is fine for me.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

I'll be at Tim's Sat. at 6am.
I like the 8:30 am start from Tim's idea for Monday....but I'm flexable re: the starting time.

Helen..I'd like a calendar as well. I love the book but it doesn't fit in my budget this year. Thanks!
Alexis

Anonymous said...

I'll be there at 7:30 unless it's stormy. Count me in too for 8:30 Monday, if from Tim's.

Helen, I'll take a calendar. Thanks!

Michelle.

Barbara said...

The Chicago group of 5 are meeting at Tim's at 6:30 and heading for the beltline and 29km!
Ian and I would like one book and one calendar please.
The website is great-bright and even clearer if that's possible- thank you Helen!

Anonymous said...

Chicago group, can you send me your route for tomorrow?

thanks,
Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

Chicago group - When are you meeting at 6 or 6:30?
thanks,
Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

Helen, Rainer and I would love a calendar.
Count me in for the ? 8.30 a.m. start on Monday (or whatever everyone's preference is.)Is it going to be Tims's or not?
Rainer will be leaving at 6 a.m. to get to Oakville for his race so I will be with him in spirit.. too early for me!

Anonymous said...

Helen, I would like to place my order for the calendar but I don't know about the year book unless there will be one about Iceland. Yearbook or Iceland book, I would spend about $75. And thank you for all that you do.

I finally have a choice of cars tonight but my daughter made this fantastic dinner and I don't know when the last time was that I had a lovely sit-down dinner. So...I'm going to sit down and have a lovely dinner.

See you on Saturday.

Sharon