Sunday 29 August 2010

Walks: Mon. Aug. 30 & Wed. Sept. 1

We had an Alfred Hitchcock moment out on the Spit early on Saturday. Fortunately, it passed without any incident or cameo appearance by Mr. H.

I hope the Chicago gals all weathered their self-imposed 30Ks both days. The two groups in training (Chicago Full and the KW and Scotia Halfs) both have roughly 8K (with intervals) and 10K distances these weeknights.

Do we trust ourselves to do three long intervals? Here's a route for Monday.

For Wednesday, 10K will take us south of Danforth to Pape and back.

It's easy to cut either of these routes short if you just want to come out for a walk. Feel free to join us.

Pasta dinner for the K-W races in September: We have two options. One is to make use of the kitchenette in the suite at the Waterloo Hotel to DIY with lasagna. Another is to reserve a table at Ennio's Pasta about 2K further along King Street. Have a look and let us know what you think. Bob is coordinating the dinner, so please leave your preference as a comment in the blog.

Shore Things are registered in both the K-W Walking Classic 10K and the Half Marathon – it's the first half marathon for walkers only. If you haven't done so already, Sept. 1st is the last date to save money on registration. Register for your preferred event here.

16 comments:

Jan said...

My preference would be to eat in if there is enough room in the suite - easier to mingle and more relaxed.

What hotel has everyone booked - I hadn't even thought about it yet but I guess I had better!!

Bob said...

Here is the website for the hotel.
http://www.thewaterloohotel.ca/

Helen said...

Hope you like the new look for the blog, everyone. See you at 7 on Monday.

Olwyn said...

The new blog looks great Helen; bravo! I won't be out tonight, but plan to be at Shoppers on Wednesday.
Loved 'The Birds' photo, by the way; glad we didn't have any Tippy Hedron moments! (I think that was her name...)

P Dawn said...

great new look, Helen - I thught I'd arrived at someone else's blog for a moment. What a lovely surprise!!

Won't be out on Monday, not sure about Wednesday, as I am struggling with a cold.

Regarding KW Classic, my preference would be to eat in the hotel as I blew my budget in Iceland. Thought the room is not huge, I think about 10 of us had drinks there last year - sitting on the floor .........

debbie said...

Lovely new layout and colors for the blog, Helen! How in the world do you find time to do this stuff?

Re dinner in Waterloo, I'll go with the majority, but I just checked and 14 people are doing the KW --though not all may be staying overnight --and if some bring partners, it could get pretty crowded eating in the suite.But I'm cool either way.

Cheers

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I will see ya'll at Loblaws tonight. Re: K.W ...I'll be driving there in the wee hours of the morning so won't be joining you for dinner.
cheers, alexis

Anonymous said...

I like the new look too, thanks for all your work Helen. I won't be out tonight, as I have a couple of blisters I have to watch after our long 30k walk on Sunday. The actual walk wasn't too bad, I thought it would feel worse, but the recovery caught me off guard.
See you guys on Wednesday though.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Ditto the new blog look.
I am also taking today as a recovery day so will not be out tonight. See you on Wednesday.
I am also driving out for the KW race the morning of, so do not need a hotel room.

Lynne

Lou-Ann said...

Love the look Helen, great job, glad you are talented because I'm not in this department. I am not out Monday for the walk but will be out on Wednesday; WE CAN SWIM AFTER WALKING ON WEDNESDAY EVENING, so bring your bathing suits. See you at Shoppers on Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Too hot, too tired, too (fill in the blank). Needless to say I won't be out this evening. I'll try for Wednesday, though.

Nice new look, Helen. Hats off to you.

Sharon

Stacey said...

I love the new look Helen and I'm more than a little jealous of your talent! I'm OK with eating in on Saturday night in Kitchener. Or going to the restaurant. Peg is coming with me, so there will be two of us...
I couldn't make it tonight, but will be out on Wednesday. See y'all then!

Trish said...

I love the new look too.
I am hoping to be out Wed - I might be doing a shorter distance if that convinces anyone else to join us. Slower for sure than all you returning or about to go marathoners.
For KW my preference is always to go out but am happy to go with the flow. I could volunteer paper plates, cutlery and wine glasses.

Helen said...

Wednesday evening walkers, remember Lou-Ann's invitation to go for a swim after the walk. Bring your suits and the will to be wet... the cool kind.

See you tonight at 7 pm.

P.S. Thanks for the thumbs up on the blog. Actually, Blogger made the redesign easy. Anyone could do it!

Cheryl M said...

Hi,

finally after all these years posting a comment !!

I will go with the majority re KW but, would probably prefer to eat in.

Was hoping to be out Wednesday but still have the tail end of cold so may drop by the pool later.

Cheryl

Eileen said...

Fabulous job on the new look for the blog.
I'll be out Wed night with a will to be wet!