Thursday 26 August 2010

Walk: Sat. Aug. 28 @ Tim's

Reykjavik wasn't the only place the Shore Things strutted their stuff on August 21st. These three beauties represented our club in style at the Midsummer Night's 15K. Love the hula skirts! Is that magic potion in the water bottles? You'll have to tell all on Saturday.

Speaking of Saturday, the Chicago marathoners are already making plans to meet at 6 am for their 27K. We feel for you, gals!

The KW/Scotia Half distance is a sprightly 11K. That sounds just about right to me. And if anyone's still thinking of training for the Rome marathon in 2011 (Eva and Cheryl?), the distance is a leisurely 5K.

Remember our date at Barbara & Ian's at 6 pm on Saturday to celebrate the marriage of Eileen & John. Check the comments in the previous post for Barbara's navigation tips, especially due to the CNE and Gardiner construction tangles. We're happy to car pool if anyone needs a ride. Just let me know.

It also happens to be Eileen's birthday on Saturday, an honour that she shares each year with Charlotte. Happy birthday to you both!

15 comments:

Trish said...

Great photo! Well done to all the intrepid walkers in the group for their awesome efforts in all the amazing events. Can't wait to see the photos.
I won't be out this weekend as I am up in Lakefield for a family BBQ. Hope to make it out next Wed.
Have a great walk and fun at the BBQ.

olwyn said...

Thanks for posting the photo Helen; looks like it arrived just in time! I'll be out Saturday morning and Saturday night; see everyone tomorrow! And Happy Birthday to Eileen and Charlotte; neither of you look a day over 29!

Anonymous said...

Fellow Chicago racers!
I can't come out on Saturday for our 30k as I have a funeral to go to in Oakville at 10am. Would anyone be interested in joining me on Sunday morning instead? I know we will all be recovering from our celebrations at Barbara and Ian's on Saturday evening but I do not relish 30 loooong kilometers alone! Any takers?
Lynne

debbie said...

Yup, great photo, those are some very happy faces!

Question: will the 11 k'ers be starting at 7 am Saturday - back to our usual summer time?

See you there!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

So how long it take to walk a 30k? Can someone give me a rough time estimation? as I will be spending my time on an ellipitical machine.
thanks,
Barb

P Dawn said...

I'm planning to be at Tim's tomorrow - but I was thinking that 8.00 am would be a good time for me. I'm planning to do 10k, and the weather has been cooler these mornings. Anyone interested in 8.00 start?

Libby said...

Lynne, I would prefer to stick to Saturday as the humidity is to set in for Sunday..hope you find a partner. Barb- 30 k should take 4.5 hours or so.- depending on water and washroom breaks.
I plan to be at Tim's for 6am Saturday..
Libby

Anonymous said...

Hi fellow Chicago marathoners, I'm going to walk with Lynne on Sunday, so Libby, can you send us the route west on Cherry St for 30K. Good luck with the long walk, and I'll see you guys on Monday night.
Leverne

Helen said...

Hmmm. Did you Chicagoans accelerate your training by one week? You should only be doing 27 this Saturday... which, following on, would mean that you do 21 on the KW Half weekend. Wha' hoppen?

Dawn, as much as I'd like to sleep in, the weather looks like it's heating up quickly as the morning progresses. I'd rather not start as late as 8. Shall we stick with 7 or push it to 7:30 -- opinions?

Anonymous said...

I liked the 11 at 7 suggestion...I'd even be up for going a bit farther (but NOT 30k!) if anyone would like to join me.
Sheila

Charlotte S said...

I'll be there with Dawn for the 8am start. Who else?

debbie said...

7 am works for me!

Cheers

Debbie

debbie said...

7 am works for me!

Cheers

Debbie

Ruth said...

I'll be at Tim's at 7 on Saturday to walk 11K with whoever else shows up

Ruth

Helen said...

All right. We'll be there for 11 at 7. See you bright and early. Well, early at any rate.