Sunday 1 August 2010

Walks: Mon. Aug. 2 and Wed. Aug. 4

Look at that glasslike lake. Wasn't it worth setting the alarm at 4:45 am on a Saturday?

The 35K (34K for some of us) crew had a lovely day for a walk. Yes, it was long, but now we know we can do it. We've done the training and nothing can stop us now. Keep that in mind, Chicago marathoners, because the same applies. Everyone liked the route, which I'll post on the blog for you to use in September.

This holiday Monday, there's a movement afoot to meet in the morning at Tim's, 8 am, rather than at Loblaws in the evening. If you prefer our usual evening walk, please sign in.

Our current weeknight schedules:

KW & Scotia Half: 8K & 6K
Reykjavik Half: 10K & 10K
Chicago Full: 11K & 8K
Reykjavik Full: 14K (or two installments on two days) and 8K

Why don't we do 8-10K on Monday? For example, the Reykjavik Full team can do 10K for endurance and a very fast 4K later in the week for speed.

Karen-Lee, if you're out there, we're wishing you a happy birthday! Sharon, birthday wishes in advance. Have a splendid day.

For those with a few spare minutes, take a look at this video of Iceland to see what the Reykja-trekkers will be enjoying soon. Note, despite appearances, that is not Bob & I you can see in the mud bath.

11 comments:

debbie said...

"Nothing can stop us now". I love that, Helen. And it is true. You Icelanders are tough!

I'm afraid I never made it out Saturday morning, due to my own silly miscalculations... now that I am only a 5 minute drive from Tim's instead of 35, I hit the snooze button one time too many...dumb! So I ended up doing 8 km on my own in my new neighbourhood. Still nice.

I'm working Monday, but if anyone is out there Monday evening, I'll join you.

Cheers,

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I am sitting in my friend's kitchen, on her computer WITHOUT my glasses. I can barely see what I am typing. If there is a movement to walk in the morning. I would rather get the deed done earlier than later. I'll check in again when I get home to see who will be out in the morning.

Now I have a flipping headache.

Anonymous said...

Twas Sharon who typed the last message. Told you I didn't have my glasses on!

Olwyn said...

I'm planning (hoping!) to be at Tim's at 8am on Monday morning; see you then! Olwyn

Helen said...

Bob & I plan to be at Tim's at 8 am. See you then for a delightful 10K.

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I'll join you guys at 7am on Tuesday morning. See you there.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Wednesday night.....is anyone going out? I could be there...

Susan

Helen said...

My brain is non-functioning at the moment, but my feet can probably walk... and might even be wearing hiking boots. We'll be out at 7 on Monday.

Helen said...

Remember what I said about my brain? Well, of course, I meant Wednesday not Monday... I also meant the hiking boot bit.

Anonymous said...

too hot for me tonight, I'll catch up on thursday morning
Leverne

Anonymous said...

going to the island instead....

Susan