Sunday 18 July 2010

Walks: Mon. July 19 & Wed. July 21

In this picture: Why I don't mind being on the Spit at 6:28 a.m. Oh, but the rest of it was a looooooong, hot 29K – or 32K for Ruth and Arlene, who kept looping back to join Mr. Hare and Ms Tortoise. We were all very glad to see the end of it.

This week, we're kind of all over the map. Here are our distances for the two days:

KW & Scotia Halfs: 6K & 6K
Reykjavik Half: 8K & 8K
Chicago Full: 11K & 6K
Reykjavik Full: 13K & 8K

For Monday those scheduled for >10K can choose to do your full distance, or break it into two chunks. You're on your own for the second portion. 

For Wednesday, the two September halfs and Chicago have hills on their 6K. The two Reykjavik races have fartlek (speed play) on their 8K. Let's sort these out when we meet, as much will depend on the weather.

On a little health note: be careful if you're a compulsive chewer of sugarless gum, as I am. The artificial sweeteners can contribute to runner's trots. Don't ask why I know this. But for reference, see "Ms Tortoise" above.

11 comments:

Helen said...

We have to pick our daughter up at the airport on Monday evening, so Bob & I will be meeting Ruth and Arlene to walk on Monday morning instead.

See you on Wednesday.

P Dawn said...

well, I can't say I'm sorry not to have been out walking at that time, Helen. Thank Heavens you take the pictures for us........

I'm walking with a small group, on Tuesday and Thursday morning, at 7.00 am. So I won't be out on Monday or Wednesday evening/

Anyone else want to do the morning walks with us, please let us know.

Olwyn said...

I'll be out Monday night for the 6k; and Karin (my next door neighbour) is coming too. See you then! Olwyn

Anonymous said...

There is a 5km race this saturday evg in Whitby called the Whitby 5000 it has a walker category.
Medals, Entertainment, Fireworks and Beer Garden after race. Look at Running room website only $30
Margie and I are doing it.
Rainer

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tonight, see you at 7.
Shela

Helen said...

The Belt Line was a great place to walk this morning. Arlene, Ruth, Bob and I did the full 13K, and most of it was in shade. Would anyone be interested in doing this route on a Saturday for a change of pace?

P Dawn said...

I would be interested in doing the belt line on Saturday - even though I don't know where it is!

Anonymous said...

I plan to be out tonight unless it's storming.
Sheila

Helen said...

Is it supposed to storm tonight? It doesn't say so on our weather gadget. I expect to be out tonight for 8K, with or without fartlek.

Anonymous said...

I plan to get out on Wednesday.

I prefer to stay in the Beaches area for Saturday and I hope a few others will be there too....whatever the start time is...

And Dan Hill is performing at 12:30 in Kew Gardens on Saturday - free of charge - thanks to the Jazz Festival. Of course, only some of us remember Dan - a musician from our past. Anyone interested in attending his performance?

Susan

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Wednesday night, and would like to try the Beltline on Saturday for a change of pace... can we do the 19 we need to on Saturday on the Beltline?
Leverne