Thursday 15 July 2010

Walk: Sat. July 17 @ Tim's

From Garden Walk to boardwalk – and in case you misunderstood my last picture: no, that is not my garden. Though I wish it were!

Hot weather is here with a vengeance, so let's talk about start times first:

The Reykjavik Full walkers are starting at 6 am.

The "official" Saturday start is now 7 am.

However, an intrepid group of walkers, including Dawn, Charlotte and Eva, are beginning at 6:30 am.

Here are our distances:

KW and Scotia Halfs: 6K (you lucky ducks)
Reykjavik Half and Chicago Full: 16K (you have a choice of start times; sign in with your pick)
Reykjavik Full: 29K (we are accepting condolences)

Mark August 7th on your calendar: Lou-Ann is hosting a Welcome Back Trish Pool Party on Saturday, August 7th, starting at 2 pm. It's true pot luck; Lou-Ann will provide hamburgers. Please let Lou-Ann or Dawn know if you can make it.

For Reykjavik travellers: Great article on Iceland in today's Star. Check it out. Thanks, Sharon, for the heads-up.

11 comments:

Eileen said...

I'll be starting at 7am on Saturday. Is anyone interested in doing 14km? Any route...

Libby said...

I plan to start at 6:30am for Chicago 16k. Hope to see someone else at 6:30 as well

P Dawn said...

yes, I'll be there at 6.39 for 16k. Supposed to be continuing very hot weather, so have started drinking water) today.

Lou-Ann said...

I might be out on Saturday for 6:30 (depends on the weather). If I'm not there when it is time to start walking you know I am still sleeping.

Thank you Helen for including the Pool Party & Welcome Back Trish.

Charlotte S said...

I will be there at 6:30, that's a.m. Will try to avoid a repeat of last Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I plan to start at 6:30 for 16 km too...unless I get a better offer.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I plan to join the 6:30 16kers too...see you then, yawwwn...
Sheila

Anonymous said...

Just spoke with Maureen. We will be there at 6:30. Guess we'll all decide what 16km route to do in the morning.

What the heck (that really isn't the word that I wanted to use) are we thinking?

Until the morning.....
Sharon

Eileen said...

I guess if I don't want to walk alone I will have to be there at 6:30! I'll see you then

Helen said...

It's 6 am for Bob & I, and also Ruth and Arlene. Hope to see the rest of you along the way. Cheers!

debbie said...

You should have seen the look on Gary's face when I told him we're doing 16k and starting at 6:30.

PLus we're up very late tonight -a family dinner - it's past midnight --so I'm trying to imagine his face when the alarm rings at 5:30 tomorrow morning.

I may have to resort to force.

Cheers

Debbie