Friday 23 July 2010

Walk: Sat. July 24 @ Tim's

It's a big thumbs-up to Eileen this weekend, as she and John tie the knot on Sunday. Will we see her on Saturday, one wonders? That would be true heroism!

Hope to see the rest of us for these distances:

KW/Scotia Halfs: 10K
Reykjavik Half: 11K
Reykjavik/Chicago Full: 19K

We'll stay at Tim's for this one, and will save the Beltline for another day.

There's talk of starting the 19K at 6:30 am. Official start for other distances remains 7 am, unless you set up something different via the blog. Let us know what you're doing by signing in.

Sharon is going to be updating our Shore Things Directory, so that we have our most current contact information. Can you please reply to this email with your details, and I'll forward on to her. Thanks!

It's also the Beaches Jazz Festival this weekend, and Susan asks:
Dan Hill is performing at 12:30 in Kew Gardens on Saturday - free of charge - thanks to the Jazz Festival. Of course, only some of us remember Dan - a musician from our past. Anyone interested in attending his performance?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

19 km sounds too far in hot weather, so I'd like to start as early as possible....6:30 for me, assuming I have some company.

Susan

Olwyn said...

I'll be at Tims' at 7:00am for 10k, for the Scotiabank half. See you there, Olwyn

Ruth said...

Arlene, Libby and I were planning to come at 6:30.

Ruth

P Dawn said...

I'll be at Tim's for 7.00 for 11k.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try for 19 @ 6:30, if not, I'll be there for 11 @ 7:00...see you one way or another.
Sheila

debbie said...

I'm thinking of doing 10 or 11 km, starting at 7 am.

I plan to do the Beaches Jazz 20km Sunday with my son Simon, so I've got to conserve my energy!

Debbie

Helen said...

Bob and I plan to be there at 6:30 for the full 19 yards, er, kms. Make sure you fill up your water bottle and wear your sunscreen, everyone.

Jan said...

I'm going for 10-11 at 7 - 6:30 sounds way too early!

See you at 7

Anonymous said...

Maureen and I thought 6:30 am was an ideal time to begin a brisk walk.....NOT! But we'll be there at that time.....unless it is raining.

I read an article about artificial sweeteners in products like sugarless gum, candy and diet drinks. It states that our bodies do not recognize aspartame and sucralose (Splenda) as food, so our digestive systems don't know how to break them down. If you notice that you get gassy or need to go to the bathroom more on days you consume these fake sugars, you may be sensitive to them.

Last but not least, I did volunteer to update our contact list. If you do not feel comfortable disclosing phone numbers or business contact emails online, simply pass them on by writing the info down. I know that it is a prehistoric method but I am one of those that still does not feel comfortable passing on such information in a public forum.

See you in the morning.

Sharon

Helen said...

Just to clarify -- if you reply to the email reminder from the blog, it goes directly to my email inbox, and isn't shared online.