Monday 7 June 2010

Walks: Mon. June 7 & Wed. June 9

As Sharon wrote, The shoes tell the story. Well, they are pretty eloquent, but I still think we need to hear the tale of the Mud Run 2010 in Sharon's own words:
Miko signed us up for this race. Us being her dad and I. I did not know that he was participating and he was not aware that I was until the moment that we picked up our bibs.

I thought we were participating as individuals. When I couldn't find our names, Miko suggested that I look under teams. A team of two? I found our names plus her father's. Surprised? I should say so. We were the last to know. Everyone knew. Her running mates and even my son. No one said a word. She was like a kid in a candy shop, clapping her little hands and giggling like a fool. We were the talk of the run.

It was raining, cold and muddy. We climbed hills that were slick with mud. We slipped, we slid and we laughed. I also ran the ten km with many breather stops. Our team came in second last, in a time of 1 hour and 55 minutes. We didn't care. Miko's dad, not a runner, did exceptionally well.

A great time was had by all and I may just do it again next year.

On the left: Only one of many water hazards that we had to endure. We crossed one that was up to our waist. There were about six in total.

After that, would could complain about a measly weeknight walk... or hills? Who, I ask you?

Here are our distances:

Monday:
Reykjavik Half and Chicago Full: 8K
Reykjavik Full: 10K

Wednesday:
Reykjavik Half and Chicago Full: 5K... with feeling
Reykjavik Full: 6K... with 5 hills

See you 7ish.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sharon, you are amazing!

I will be there tonight, no complaints.

See you then,
Sheila

Anonymous said...

Sharon....that looks like so much fun. I'm signing up for next year, with my sons....not sure I'll warn them in advance though.

See you at 7 tonight.

Susan

Helen said...

See you at 7 pm, ready for 10K.

Anonymous said...

Maureen and I are coming. I have to keep moving or I will turn to stone. Running muscles are somewhat different than walking muscles.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Maureen and I are coming. I have to keep moving or I will turn to stone. Running muscles are somewhat different than walking muscles.

Sharon

Olwyn said...

Well done Sharon! I'm hoping to be out on Wed night, hills or not; see you then! Olwyn

Anonymous said...

I plan to be there tonight (Wednesday) unless the heavens open up.
Sheila

Helen said...

I'm with Sheila.