Thursday 10 June 2010

Walk: Sat. June 12 @ Tim's

Here's a bunch of us at the start of our long distance last week. Before we all melted in the heat. This Saturday, our task isn't quite so onerous:

Reykjavik Half: 6K (yes, 6K)
Reykjavik & Chicago Full: 14K

Long distance group, meet at 7 am. Everyone else, meet at 7:30. Sign in on the blog if you're making different plans.

And get out your rain gear. As you can't guarantee what the skies will be like on race day, it's good practice to get out, whatever the weather.

Good luck to Debbie and Gary this Sunday in the Tofino Edge-to-Edge Half. I've made them promise to take lots of pictures.

8 comments:

Helen said...

Oops! And happy belated birthday to Maureen, another of our June babies!

Because I don't have an email address for you, I don't have an reminder in my calender... if you're checking the blog, remember to fire off an email to be added to our list, Maureen.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Saturday. I'm think of doing 10 or 12 km if anyone else is interested.

Eileen said...

The post above is mine :)
Eileen

P Dawn said...

I won't be out on Saturday - I'm going to the Shaw Festival.

Anonymous said...

Most likely, I'll be there at 7:00 but maybe, just maybe, I won't wake up in time.

Susan

Lou-Ann said...

Believe it or not I was planning on walking on Saturday...but...I just received a call from the man doing out pool liner and he is arriving at 9:00 to take out the old liner. As I am the only one around this weekend that means I have to let him in...sorry fellow walkers! I will keep my fingers crossed that the rain holds off for you!

Anonymous said...

I will not be out Saturday, as I walked my 14k this morning.

Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

i'm up at 4 am Saturday. Miko is off on another weekend adventure....something like the American Race. I am the chauffeur who has to get her to the pick-up spot. If I can stay awake or wake up if I should fall back asleep, I'd like to do the 14K. We will see.

Sharon