Thursday 3 June 2010

Walk: Sat. June 5 @ Tim's

Halifax had a beautiful race course. Here's one of the homes on the route. Notice they've colour-coordinated the pink and white tulips and flowering tree to the house. Sigh.

Okay, down to business. Our distances Saturday are:

Reykjavik Half: 8K
Chicago Full: 13K
Reykjavik Full: 19K

7:30 is the new start time for the shorter distances on Saturdays, to beat the heat.

I'm tempted to suggest a 6:30 start for the 19K. Is anyone but me doing it? Sign in and state your preference.

Our two birthday girls this week will have to get their birthday song by long distance. Trish, enjoy your last month in the UK. Susan, have a great time hiking in Paris... Ontario. Happy birthday, to you(s)!

P.S. Volunteers wanted for a race on July 11th. It's just a few hours, and if we can get a crew of 10 or more together, it could be beneficial to our club. Reply to this email if you are willing and able.

14 comments:

Ruth said...

I'll be doing 19K on Saturday. I'll watch the blog up to Friday night, to see if we're starting at 6:30. (Is there really such a time as 6:30 a.m.?? I would not know this from experience.)

Volunteering on July 11 is in my calendar.

Ruth

Olwyn said...

I plan to be out on Saturday, for a nice 6 or 8k; nothing more, as I feel I'm starting out again, after this wretched opera season! Details, please, about July 11; I'm getting home from Vancouver late on July 10, so wonder what time we might be required for volunteering? O.

Stacey said...

I will be with you in spirit on Saturday morning - but walking in Marmora. I'm out of town on July 10th, but if we're short 1 or 2 people for volunteering, I might be able to come back for the day. We'll talk...Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Libby said...

Ruth and Arlene would prefer to start the 19k at 7 vs. 6:30. I am willing to accompny them as long as Helen comes along as I do not want to keep their pace for 19k. Helen and Bob- would ypu be willing to start at 7?

I am not available for July 11 as I am away.
Libby

Helen said...

Okay, Libby, you talked me into it -- I'll start at 7 am. Bob won't be able to make it, as he's triple-booked for Saturday and Sunday.

See you at 7, then.

P Dawn said...

Yes, I'm willing to be a volunteer on 11th July.

I won't be at TIm's on Saturday as I'm going hiking (rail trail) with Susan and crew.

Charlotte S said...

I will not be out on Saturday morning as the hiking crew will be doing 15-18k (hopefully not in the rain).

Count me in as a volunteer for July 11.

Anonymous said...

I will be out for the 13km on Sat.....I'm assuming it's a 7:30 start for the Chicago Crew? What do you think Lynne? Maybe a 7am start would be safer for us given our deadline for Dragon Boat?

Helen....I can volunteer on July 11! alexis

Anonymous said...

Sorry if this is a duplicate! (my comment was "saved" ....whatever that means!)
Anyhow....I'll be out for 13k on Sat. Lynne...should we start early at 7am...? or will be able to make our 10 am committment starting at 7:30?

Helen...I can volunteer on July 11....cheers, ag

Anonymous said...

I think we should probably start at 7am just to be make sure we can do 13k and get to dragon boat in time. Of course it is all dependent on the weather!

Lynne

Eva said...

Can I get more details for the volunteer on July 11th? I have an appointment in the afternoon but can volunteer in the morning.

Cheryl and I will be doing the 8K on Saturday, start time is 7:30

Anonymous said...

I will be there at 7 to join the 13k-ers.

See you then,
Sheila

debbie said...

The weather forecast has improved -yay! - no rain --nice and warm --so I'll be there for 7 am and 13 km.

Cheers

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I will also be out at 7am for 13k

Barb Shand