Thursday 24 June 2010

Walk: Sat. June 26 @ Tim's

Saturday, we'll have our own summit, down by the real lake. Hope you'll join us. Here's our agenda:

KW & Scotia Halfs: 5K
Reykjavik Half: 11K
Chicago Full: 14K
Reykjavik Full: 24K

Two possibilities for the 24K route. This one takes us east along the waterfront trail. The other option is to do the shorter (bridge) route along the Spit to the lighthouse – twice. Much depends on the weather, which has proven itself to be notoriously unpredictable.

Turnarounds for shorter distances can be estimated from the posted routes. Have a look and figure out where you have to be. 

If it's hot, I'd be willing to start the 24K at 6 or 6:30. Most of the long-distance walkers will likely prefer 7. Official start time is still 7:30. Please sign in with your preference.

9 comments:

Eileen said...

I'll be there at 7:30

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I hope to be out Saturday morning. I think it's been a month since I walked with the group! I'm probably going to opt for the lighthouse walk once (i.e. 12km). I'm flexible as to the starting time, but would like company on the walk, so I'll check back later to see if any others are doing the lighthouse route, and when they'd like to start.

Cheers,
Janet

P Dawn said...

I'll be there at 7.30. If it the temperature is anyting like it was last Saturday, I vote for the boardwalk and to the top of Fallingbrook which will have more shade thaan the spit.

Olwyn said...

I'll be there at 7:30am; see you then! Olwyn

Libby said...

I'd prefer to start at 7 for the Chicago 14km. I am flexible as to the route...depends if any other of the Chicago crowd come out.

Helen said...

Bob & I will be out at 7, and Bob will be guiding for Arlene.

Anonymous said...

Hi Folks....I'd like to start at 7am......for the 14km distance.....I'm flexable about the route.....maybe depends on the sky! See you then!
alexis

Eva said...

I'll see you at 7:30am. I don't have preference for the route.

Anonymous said...

I walked my 14k this morning, so I will not be out on Saturday.

Barb Shand