Monday 26 April 2010

Walks: Mon. Apr. 26 & Wed. Apr. 28

Haven't heard how our hikers did on the weekend but, in New York City, Shore Thing Debbie completed the More Half Marathon and, in California, Shore Thing Julaine was a finisher in the 25th Annual Big Sur 21-Miler, with one of the most scenic courses of any race. In the same series, Wow Powerwalking founder and Shore Things mentor Lee Scott finished the full marathon with a time of 5:01 – and this is a hilly course. Wow is right.

The weekday weather looks like it will cooperate with our walking schedule. With so many different schedules, it really is to everyone's benefit to match up with walking partners, so please do sign in on the blog to say you're coming or request company for your distance.

This week, we're going to switch it up to add hills to our 8K on Monday. On Wednesday, it will be a straight 10K. However, feel free to come for shorter distances; I'll also plan a Monday route without hills, for those who prefer a flat course. See you at 7, both days.

Speaking of Wednesday, a happy birthday in advance to Lynn. We ordered sunshine for you.

10 comments:

Olwyn said...

I won't be out this week due to the @#%&@! opera, but I have signed up for the Sporting Life 10k; Lou-ann, are you doing it this year too? Let me know, and perhaps we can co-ordinate a ride to the start line. Happy walking everyone!

P Dawn said...

I won't be out tonight, Monday, but if I cn find a partnerto do six or eight k on Wednesday, I would like to do that.

Anybuddy out there?????????

Barbara said...

I will be out on Wednesday at 7pm for 10km. I am also doing the Sporting Life but probably not much use in terms of rides as we live in the west end.

Lou-Ann said...

I won't be out tonight, meeting at 6:00 then another one at 7:00. I think I was the one that asked for the odd Monday to have hills, sorry guys I won't be there to participate in the growning and moaning!! Olwyn I am doing the Sporting Life, going together would be great, maybe I can see if Paul can drive us. Does anyone want me to get the race kit; I plan on going on Friday to get mine?

Jan said...

I don't think I'll be out tonight - nursing a bad cold that started yesterday

Helen said...

Inevitably, I forget something in my post.

First, that Debbie did the More on the weekend (blog updated to fix) -- Yay, Debbie.

Second, that we have an opportunity to volunteer as race marshals at the Sporting Life this coming weekend to raise some $ for our group, which we could put towards a clothing order, or group event. .

Is anyone available? Please email me today/Monday to let me know.

eileen said...

I won't be out this Wed but Helen, I could volunteer for the Sporting life if it helps to raise $$ for the Shore Things.

Helen said...

I'll be out Monday night -- see you at 7 pm.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there with a friend.

Sharon

Olwyn said...

Note to Lou-Ann, I'd love a ride with you and Paul, and if you can pick up my race kit, that would also be fantastic! My transaction ID number is JME1549643 ~ let me know if you need any more information. Many, many thanks! O.
(I'm also at home nursing a nasty cold, but hope to be better by Sunday!)