Thursday 29 April 2010

Walk: Sat. May 1 @ Tim's

Today's photo comes from Ruth – and exemplifies the surprises you might see on a country hike. I have the impression that our hikers are away again this weekend, so perhaps I'll have more surprises to show next time.

Our distances this Saturday:

For the Chicago Full: a paltry 8K; enjoy it, the numbers go up from here
For the Toronto Women's Half and Reykjavik Full: 11K
For the Halifax Half: 16K
For the Mississauga Half: 18K

I propose a 7 am early start for the 16 & 18K groups, so we can finish with the rest of the gang. Cynthia is hoping to come for a visit... and she's our birthday girl this weekend. Everyone else, keep the 8 am start.

For the Sporting Life, you guys just need to do 10K – but you can do it on Sunday, if you like. ;^) You'll see some Shore Things volunteering at the race start (it's not too late to join the volunteers and earn an honorarium for our group; just email me).

And everyone else, come out and enjoy the scenery. See you at Tim's.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll reluctantly start at 7:00 as I have to do 18 km on Sat. & I am hoping that Sharon will be doing the same.

No hike this weekend for me.

Susan

debbie said...

Beautiful photo, Ruth!

I'm back from New York and the More half marathon through Central Park. Let's put it this way: it wasn't as yucky as the notorious Shore Things 16k, but it came close! Steady rain the first two hours, drizzle the third hour, and my poncho swishing madly throughout and driving me bonkers. I finally dumped it for the third hour and let myself get wet. 3:10, my personal WORST!
Having said that, Central Park is beautiful, a real treasure, and I made sure to go back for a walk Tuesday morning when it was sunny to really enjoy it.
And my daughter Sabrina was at the finish line to hug me, so that made up for everything.
I'll be out Saturday at 8 am for 11 km, and will bring the race pix of my soggy self!
Cheers,

Debbie

eileen said...

I'll be out Saturday at 8am for 11km.

Jan said...

I'm planning on coming for 8am for anywhere from 8-11k - would like to do 11 if anyone else is up for it (missed Mon & Wed again this week)

Lou-Ann said...

I will see you at 8:00 and game to 8 - 11 km.

Anonymous said...

Hey Helen.......sorry I;ve been AWOL the past few days and had some computer probs so was unable to blog. I'm still wanting to join you tomorrow for volunteering and hoping I can get a ride. I think you said ETA is 5:45 ...is this still the plan? thnks alexis