Wednesday 7 April 2010

Walk: Sat. April. 10 @ Tim's

Looks like these guys at Harry's Spring Run-Off must have slipped on a banana peel, or few! What, this old thing? Appropriately, they were in the yellow corral.

Our distances for Saturday:

If you're racing on April 25th, then 18K.
If you're doing the Halifax Bluenose Half, then 13K.
And if you're just out for the joy of it, then you set your distance.

And are you sitting down? Vests have arrived! I think you'll be pleased. They are $37 plus tax. Charlotte will be handling the money collection, and will probably send out an email with a final calculation. Right, Charlotte?

I usually forget some important detail in every post. It's almost a tradition. This time, it's to give overdue congratulations to Arlene and Ruth for their great finish in the Around the Bay 30K. Here's info from Ruth:
We came in 22 and 23 out of 320 people in the walking category, and were 14th and 15th among the 245 women.  Our times were 3:52, which means we averaged 4.8 miles per hour overall.  (Though we did first 21.2 K at 5.1 miles per hour).
For those who don't speak Milesperhour, the handy speed converter on our blog translates that as between 7.3 and 7.7 minutes a kilometer, maintained over 30K. You gals don't just rock, you're lava hot!

Finally, if you act quickly you *might* snag a $20 ticket from Jan for My Mother's Lesbian Jewish Wiccan Wedding on Friday night at the Panasonic Theatre. Last I heard, she had one ticket left. Contact Jan directly if you're interested. (Or reply to this email, and I'll forward the message.)

See you Saturday at 8 am.

4 comments:

P Dawn said...

I won't be at Tim's on Saturday as I believe I've agreed to go hiking.

Helen said...

Bob & I will be doing 13K on Saturday. Hate to make any predictions, but it looks like it might be perfect weather for it. See you at 8 am.

Anonymous said...

Rainer will probably be out for a short walk on Saturday( knee slowly improving due to advice from his personal phsyio!)but I have a dental appointment.
See you all next week.
Margy

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out Saturday, enjoy your walk ladies and gents!