Wednesday 31 March 2010

Walk: Sat. Apr. 3 @ Tim's

Full marathoners, your schedule starts to kick up a few notches over coming weeks. For Chicago, it's 8K on Saturday; Reykjavik full, 13K. (Bob & I might do ours in two legs, 8K from Tim's and 5K at Harry's Spring Run-Off in High Park.) See you at 8 am.

Alert, all those who want to a) save $25, and b) do the KW Walking Classic Half in September. April 1 is the end of the earlybird rates! C'mon, let's have the Shore Things out in force for this first-ever walkers-only half marathon, or the 10K or 5K distances. If you think you're going to do it, then why not save the dough and register now.

April 1st is also the earlybird deadline for the SportingLife 10K and the Midsummer Night's 15K. Check my last message for links.

Happy Birthday to Sheila! Hope you have a good Good Friday.

Speaking of Easter, anyone who has Easter Monday off might want to walk in the morning rather than evening. We'll probably start at our usual long-weekend morning time of 9:30 am from Loblaws.

10 comments:

Jan said...

Thanks for the reminder Helen - I booked for KW today. I just looked at the list - we have a pretty good presence already!

Olwyn said...

Nice photo Helen; a friend of yours?!
I won't be out Saturday morning, as I have to take Dad to an early doctor's appointment. Hoping to be out on Monday night, though; as I work during the day, so would still like to have an evening walk.
Thanks for the walk last night; I'm feeling 'Helen's Hills' in my calf muscles, but it's a good feeling! Wishing everyone a lovely Easter weekend.

Anonymous said...

I'll walk Monday night Olwyn, as I have to work too. see you there at 7:00 pm

I'd also walk Friday anytime. If anyone else is interested, let me know.

Susan

Lou-Ann said...

I will be there on Saturday and can walk Monday morning 9:30 if anyone else is going to be there? Is that Easter Eggs on the photo?

Helen said...

See you for a shorter walk on Saturday. As it's lovely, perhaps the spit? Then we're off to do Harry. (Er... that came out differently than I'd intended.) See you at 8.

We'll be walking Monday morning, because I have a class Monday evening... only two more left.

Helen said...

Hey, folks, it looks like it might rain on our parade tomorrow morning. If the rain forecast holds up with heavy rain, the Monday morning walk might not happen. Check this space.

Helen said...

Looks like the weather will hold off, so see you at 9:30 am for a friendly 6K.

Anonymous said...

My work for today was cancelled, so I will join you at 9:30....

Susan

Jan said...

Anyone still planning on going tonight? I should be out tonight

Anonymous said...

yes, Olwyn & I are going out tonight....I think for ice cream or a walking or wine.....not sure what she wanted to do.

Susan