Thursday 4 February 2010

Walk: Sat. Feb. 6 @ High Park (Note change of locale!)

On Saturday, which happens to be a special day for our loyal west-ender Barbara (Happy Birthday, girl!), we have the option to join up with the Toronto Power Walkers for a walk in High Park. The location is the Grenadier CafĂ© (a handy place for breakfast afterwards) and the time is 8:30 am – a half hour later than our usual start, as an added inducement.

It's a great way to get to know another group in the walking community. I'm sure they're more punctual about departing than we are, so let's try to be early rather than late. Parking at the restaurant is free, but if you'd prefer a ride, we can offer a seat to up to 4 more people (ETD 8:05 am from our place).

I have vest samples, which I'll bring for you to try on. Hope to see you there.

Those who can't make it to the west end can meet at Tim's as usual at 8 am. Please sign in with your preference.

On a sad note, please join me in sending our sincere condolences to Niki and her family on the sad loss of her mother last Saturday. A memorial will be held in the spring in Ottawa. In the meantime, we'll find out if there's anything we can do. At right is Niki with her amazing mum at a milestone moment during the Ottawa Half Marathon back in 2005.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd prefer to walk from "our" Tim's on Saturday. Is anyone else interested in staying close to home base?

(I drive far too much all week to want to spend more time commuting on the weekend)

Susan

Lou-Ann said...

If you still have room in the van Helen I would love a drive.

Barbara said...

I will be at Tim's for 8:30. See you there.
Barbara

P Dawn said...

I was worried about driving but if you have still have space, Helen, I would come in your bus. What time would it leave your house?

I NEED some hills, but my hip won't like them.

I always think we are pretty prompt with our departure times so hope Helen wasn't casting aspersions - or whatever........

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I will be with those leaving from our usual Tim's location tomorrow at 8:00...see you then,
Sheila

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna stay close to home and be at Tim's Sat......confused now though as I assume it'll be the usual 8:00? Not 8:30? right?
Alexis

Helen said...

Bob & I will be in High Park with a van full of lovelies. Still room for two more if you're interested.

Alexis, yes, the time for Tim's is 8 as usual --just like I wrote in this week's post ;^)

Anonymous said...

Testing testing

Anonymous said...

Helen
I plan to join you in High Park for a short walk at 8:30 and will leave right after for Sarnia.
I think Margaret said she will prefer Tim's
Rainer

Helen said...

That Anonymous "testing testing" was me, testing to see if you need to give a password to sign in as Anonymous. It didn't ask me for one. Does it ask anyone else? Please let me know. I'm getting conflicting reports.

Anonymous said...

Finally, I got it figured out. David and I will be at Tim's at 8:00 a.m.
Norma

debbie said...

Gary and I will be at High Park...change of scenery will be cool.

Cheers

Debbie

Jan said...

I am planning on High Park tomorrow too, just for a change of pace

Anonymous said...

Arlene and I plan to come to High Park. If Ruth is there, she and Arlene will head out on a 25k training walk for "around the bay". I will do "hills' with the group a but will not stay for breakfast.
Libby

Anonymous said...

I always sign in as "anonymous" because I've never been able to figure out how to do it with a password....so my answer is "no" you don't need a password.
alexis

Olwyn said...

Hi All - I won't be out in the morning; another doctor's appointment with Dad. But wishing everyone a good walk, with or without hills! Olwyn Also, I'm checking into opera tickets for 'Carmen'; will let you know what's available when I find out.

Barbara said...

Sorry to be so confusing-Ian and I will be in High Park at 8:30. It has been a long week!